Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Anyone else experienced Display graphic issues after December 8 - 12 Windows Updates?

It is definitely a power related issue associated with the use of the Surface Dock connection to attached Third Party USB 3.0 Hub facilitating connections to a Dell mouse, Seagate ITB external hard drive. Removing the USB 3.0 hub re-enables the use of the Portal although there is a minor display flicker that still needs to be corrected. Microsoft engineers you need to review your code, something is affecting Intel Graphic Card devices. My Surface Pro uses the Intel integrated IRIS 540. It was working quite well before December 8 - 12 period. Prior to the update was able, despite the fact you do not support the Surface Pro 4 as Mixed Reality compatible, to run the Portal Cliff House and other VR software... Something in the code has changed the display environment. I use a Club-3d 1170 Active Mini Display to HDMI cable to connect the Headset. System crashed about a day after update with a Driver_Power_State_Failure..... subsequent self diagnosis and recovery by system, could no longer run the Portal with the Headset connected. System is a Surface Pro 4 I7 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Version 1709 Build 16629.125; Otherwise the computer still ran well. Lost usage about 4 days ago but today Dec 19th, have recovered access. Have isolated the issue to the Surface Dock connections to Third Party USB 3.0 Hub.

Legacy MCSE SCO ACE CompTIA A+ Network+ Professional.
Former Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Authorized UNIX & LINUX Trainer, Accountant.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

@davesaul yes, solved it finally this morning, I downloaded the latest drivers from Intel for the IRIS 540 Graphics... zip file...15.60.2.4901. Manually installed it on my SP4 using Device Manager. It installed as 23.20.16.4901. I corrected the problems caused by the December Updates... be aware though... that if you subsequently run windows update... the Display Adapter will reinstall the previous Microsoft March driver 21.20.16.4627, so be careful what updates you process. My Acer AH100 headset again functioning I am running the Mixed Reality Portal, can run Cliff House Apps, HoloTour, Galaxy Explorer, Juant VR. It is not perfect as I am experiencing occasional display flashing, so I am still testing... CPU running at about 64-76%, GPU 25%, something still causing conflicts but at least I have functionality. Can continue my research on the technology.

Legacy MCSE SCO ACE CompTIA A+ Network+ Professional.
    Former Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), Authorized UNIX & LINUX Trainer, Accountant.

• Options

Thanks! Definitely still a bit glitchy, but certainly better than it was!