Can an Edge browser be shared to multiple HoloLens?

edited February 2018 in Questions And Answers

I'm fairly new to HoloLens development so I apologize if this has a simple answer. I would like two HoloLens be able to view the same Edge browser window simultaneously.

From my impression it seems that an app must have a spatial anchor and sharing turned on in order for others to view the same holograph.

Does the native Edge browser include this functionality? If not, how would I go about to achieve this?

Best Answers

Answers

• Hi,

Did you find a solution to your problem ?

I'm having the same problem, I'd like to share the position in 3D space of a browser. For users to see it in the same place.

I understand that 2D applications (such as Edge) do not use spatial coordinates like 3D holograms, which made it difficult (if not impossible) to share a position :
    https://forums.hololens.com/discussion/193/how-can-i-pin-multiple-xaml-objects-from-a-uwp-app

For the moment I'm thinking of streaming my web page directly in unity ...
    But I imagine that there are more interesting ways ?

If anyone has an idea of solution ? :)

Thanks in advance

• @Buck no luck on my end. From my understanding it appears that HoloLens simply does not support web browsers inside of Unity. Although a static web page or video could be placed as an object texture.

Have you made any progress? Does the Edge browser have default functionality for a shared experience or must it be placed inside an application?