Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Error DEP6701 while trying to deploy hololens Emulator after successfull build

mhtkmr54mhtkmr54
edited July 2016 in Questions And Answers

Error DEP6701 : Bootstrapping failed with unexpected error: 'Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.'. HoloTest

I am unable to configure the emulator for the deployment.
Is it related to connecting to device OS through Virtual Machine ? as given in this link

It says : "No virtual machines were found on the server" in Hyper-V manager. vEtherenet is also not getting created (shouldn't it be created automatically ?).

Or Do I need to update VMM ? If yes How do I do it ?

I am not able find the root cause of this problem possessing the symptoms as mentioned above which may be the aftermath of a root flaw.

Answers

• Here is my Hyper-V Manager Switch and my running services to compare with your settings. I use Ethernet to connect

My Hyper-V Services

Try and start your HoloLens Emulator locally from the Administrator Command Prompt. Copy/Paste into Notepad, Change YOURUSERNAME to (c:\user\jimbo for instance) your name.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft XDE\10.0.14342.0\XDE.exe" /name "HoloLens Emulator 10.0.14342.1018.YOURUSERNAME" /displayName "HoloLens Emulator 10.0.14342.1018" /vhd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Emulation\HoloLens\10.0.14342.1018\flash.vhd" /video "1268x720" /memsize 2048 /language 409 /creatediffdisk "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\XDE\10.0.14342.1018\dd.1268x720.2048.vhd" /fastShutdown /sku HDE

Mine Bloom starts after 180 seconds.

I cannot find an answer to you exact error code.

• I am encountering the same problem as mhtkmr54, and when trying to run the emulator either from the command line or any other method that I've found, the program crashes before anything happens, with a problem event name of CLR20r3. I've tracked this down to be some sort of Microsoft .NET issue, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Anyone have any ideas..?

• CjiboCjibo
    edited October 2016

I've just encountered this for the first time on my Desktop. Error occurs when trying to deploy to HoloLens. I am able to deploy from my Surface Book Though. Tools are all the same so is the project.

• I just figured out what was wrong with my environment. Double check that you Visual Studio up to date. In my case I did not have Update 3 on my desktop. Once installed everything worked like normal.