Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

How to get our HoloLens game listed in Microsoft Store Made for HoloLens section?

Our HoloLens game "Holo Space Invaders" was published successfully to the Store. However nobody know about it because Microsoft Store did not list our apps in Made for HoloLens- Show All sections. User must type the full name Holo Space Invaders to install our game.

The HoloLens section of Microsoft Store have less than a hundred apps, why there is no space for us to get listed and be seen ?

Can anybody advise us how to get our apps listed properly for HoloLens.
Thanks for any help.

Answers

• Hi @JimmySoo,
    If users can find/download your app via search, then you have done your portion correctly. From what I understand, it is a manual process to list apps on the front page and our store team only does this process about once per week for HoloLens. I'll forward your message to our store contact to ensure that they know about your app, but it should show up automatically within a week of publishing.
    Thanks,
    ~Angela

• ^ What Angela said, except adding that I'm the one who does these collection updates, and want to confirm that you're on our radar, and will be added with our regularly scheduled weekly update. Stay tuned!

• You guys are great. Thank you.

• @LaurenBissett said:
    ^ What Angela said, except adding that I'm the one who does these collection updates, and want to confirm that you're on our radar, and will be added with our regularly scheduled weekly update. Stay tuned!

Hi Lauren,
    We still did not see our game "Holo Space Invaders" listed in the Microsoft Store's "HoloLens section" . Are there any issue with our apps submission?

• Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

There is a review on YouTube Holo Space Invaders HoloLens Game Review published by VRvibe. Dated 20-November-2016 But No Windows Store link

• Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

Hi @JimmySoo and @ahillier
    Today 25th November 2016 , log onto Windows Store inside HoloLens device or Emulator and enter
    HoloLens space invaders.
    The app can now be seen, there is a free version and buy($2.44)
    @LaurenBissett
    Unfortunately the Windows Store (Holographic)does not recognise U.K. and now HoloLens is being sold on 5 other countries using 4 other currencies. Can the Windows Store Holographic now recognise region and currency based like rest of Store, or do you this is a HoloLens region problem.
    Thanks
    Jim

• Perhaps it is the Microsoft Store segmentation problem. We as developer in Australia could not see our apps listed in the "For HoloLens Section". However if we search for the full name, we can see the apps. Hopefully somebody can enlightened us if that is the case.

Thanks
    Jimmy

• @JimmySoo said:
    We as developer in Australia could not see our apps listed in the "For HoloLens Section". However if we search for the full name, we can see the apps.

I've been experiencing several problems with the store as well when trying to browse HoloLens applications on my laptop. There are roughly 50 different applications now, it would be nice to break them down into categories, even if it's just "Games, Tools, Others"