Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

WebRTC not showing video

I have webclient that uses WebRTC from javascript and UWP client that is using WebRTC from NuGet.

When I run UWP client on desktop, I can see video stream and audio on webclient.

BUT when I use the same code from UWP desktop client on HoloLens app, I only get audio.

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

Working on a similar project and having some issues establishing connection between the UWP client and a web (javascript) client.
    Could you share your code?

• Options

unfortunately, I cannot share my code (it is not up to me), but I did everything in C# code that is similar to javascript code and my UWP desktop app is working (from UWP I only send video and audio, and I never implemented how to show received video). UWP desktop can send video feed to web client. problem comes when I use that code on hololens because only audio is working on web client but video is never shown. (I am still new to webrtc, and believe that there is something wrong with candidates for video - please note that I could be wrong)

• Options

I did it!
    Last night, after many hours of headache i got my webrtc audio/video stream from hololens to a web client.
    Actually it only works in one direction (hololens to webclient) in a LAN environment. Next step will be the enabling of bidirectional stream and the introduction of STUN/TUN servers.
    All the issues i encountered were relative to signalling communication offer/answer/candidates. Keep attenction expecially to serialization/deserialization of exchanged data.

• Options

@JackStones said:
    I did it!
    Last night, after many hours of headache i got my webrtc audio/video stream from hololens to a web client.
    Actually it only works in one direction (hololens to webclient) in a LAN environment. Next step will be the enabling of bidirectional stream and the introduction of STUN/TUN servers.
    All the issues i encountered were relative to signalling communication offer/answer/candidates. Keep attenction expecially to serialization/deserialization of exchanged data.

Have you encountered problem where audio is received on webclient, but video is not?

• Options

@Xarthisius said:
    Have you encountered problem where audio is received on webclient, but video is not?

In my case nothing was streaming because of error in the candiates adding.

• Options

@Xarthisius I believe I have the same problem.

1) When I set video=true and audio=true, ONLY audio from webclient is transmited to hololens

2)When I set video=false and audio=true, then I receive audio from webclient to hololens and from hololens to webclient

Both devices are on LAN.
    Did you manage to solve video problem?

@JackStones could you share your code please?

• Options

@JackStones said:
    Have a look at this sample:

https://github.com/webrtc-uwp/PeerCC/tree/dec1d6daf812fee5b863b2e6949e3c588d90cb9b

It is complete, and the conductor class is highly reusable.
    You have only to adapt your signaling mechanism.

I didn't use this code in hololens app, but it did help me to modify my own code to make video work. Thanks

• Options

I didn't use this code in hololens app, but it did help me to modify my own code to make video work. Thanks

Glad to listen the sample was useful.
    I have a question for you: i'm able to send webrtc audio/video to a webclient but now i need to do the opposite too.
    Have you any idea on how to implement this feature?
    Is there any way to use the webrtc stream as a texture in unity?

• Options

Hi , i am also interested in streaming form the Hololens from inside my Unity app to a desktop. How did you get the video/audio feed in the first place. The unity webcam texture gives very low fps on the device.

Thanks

• Options
    edited November 2016

@christop said:
    Hi , i am also interested in streaming form the Hololens from inside my Unity app to a desktop. How did you get the video/audio feed in the first place. The unity webcam texture gives very low fps on the device.

Thanks

I'm not sure to understand what are you asking for.
    I'm using webrtc for the audio/video streaming through the UWP wrapper.

• Options

Sorry, i mean do you use the Unity 3D game engine? If yes how did you get the initial video/audio data to send over with webrtc?
    Thanks

• Options

@christop said:

Sorry, i mean do you use the Unity 3D game engine? If yes how did you get the initial video/audio data to send over with webrtc?
    Thanks

No. Actually i have a UWP 2d application. Now i'm going to port the code under Unity 3d and trying to figure out how to show the stream on a texture. That is the question i posted before.

• Options
    christopchristop
    edited November 2016

No. Actually i have a UWP 2d application. Now i'm going to port the code under Unity 3d and trying to figure out how to show the stream on a texture. That is the question i posted before.

Cool, keep me posted if you achieve that. I am trying the same thing now.
    If i come up with something i will let you know.

• Options

@christop said:

Cool, keep if posted if you achieve that. I am trying the same thing now.
    If i come up with somehting i will let you know.

I suppose (reading other posts of yours) you're trying to get the MRC (mixed reality capture).
    I indeed only need to show the pure video streaming.

• Options

@JackStones said:
    Glad to listen the sample was useful.
    I have a question for you: i'm able to send webrtc audio/video to a webclient but now i need to do the opposite too.
    Have you any idea on how to implement this feature?
    Is there any way to use the webrtc stream as a texture in unity?

I never intended to show video feed in hololens app, but I am curious on how to achieve that. Currently I don't have time for that, but if I do it in the future, I will make a comment about it.