Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Why is the option for Windows store in my Unity3D build or performance settings absent?

I have tried multiple times to install Unity3D but when i start creating projects i do not see options for Windows Store or Windows 10 in build or performance settings. My system is a windows 10 computer and a macbook pro.

Answers

• You don't mention which version of Unity, but at some point when installing, you need to make sure Windows Store .NET Scripting Backend is enabled.

Also, make sure that you have at least "UWP Tools (1.4) and Windows 10 SDK (10.0.10586)" installed along with visual studio.

• Thank you thebanjomatic. I have tried it. I have actually installed Unity3D after choosing all available platforms at installation. Should we choose a business/enterprise account for Unity3D? I choose the free personal account.

• I am using Unity3D Version 5.4.2f2 Personal

• Hi @Sleepydoc I assume you installed the tools from HoloLens: Install the tools
    The installation sequence is important so will have to uninstall your version of Unity and start from beginning

• How did you resolve this problem? I have the same problem

• @erro58 said:
    How did you resolve this problem? I have the same problem

Please follow link to instructions on how to add Unity Metro support Windows Store in the Unity Editor.

Personally I would uninstall current version, install the version using the install stub on you PC and then just tick ALL the boxes. Saves working out which ones are needed!

Of course you have installed Visual Studio 2015 and HoloLens/Windows 10 SDK first!,

• erro58erro58
    edited July 2017

@Jimbohalo10 said:

@erro58 said:

Please follow link to instructions on how to add Unity Metro support Windows Store in the Unity Editor.

Personally I would uninstall current version, install the version using the install stub on you PC and then just tick ALL the boxes. Saves working out which ones are needed!

Of course you have installed Visual Studio 2015 and HoloLens/Windows 10 SDK first!,

Thanks, but I'm not shure what instructions did you have in mind on that link.
    Do I have to have installed emulator? beacuse I am running win 10 home edition which does not support hyper-v. And I have HoloLens device, so I dont need emulator.
    I also have VS 2017, VS2015, win 10 sdk and metro support installed.

• Forgot to mention that I have installed unity 5.6.0f3 and not Mixed Reality Technical Preview (MRTP), because I dont know how do I get access with Microsoft account manager.

This is what I get in setting for windows store.

In the other settings tab I have holograpchis SDK, so I dont need that unity mrtp version or do I?

Please help :|

• @erro58 said:

@Jimbohalo10 said:

@erro58 said:

You can ONLY build HoloLens apps with Unity 5.* and Visual Studio 2015 on Windows Home. You cannot run them on Windows Home

To obtain Windows Professional you will need to load a version of Windows Insider onto a blank PC or split the hard disk into two partitions one for Windows Home one for Windows Insider Professional Edition and then take the "release updates".
    Wait 120 minutes for the updates and developer updates

The Pc Will need 8GB Memory quad core processor I3 at least. 500GB disk split into two partitions

The downloaded Windows 10 USB Creators update

Now you Install the Tools
    and reset the performance to fastest and only fastest

• @Jimbohalo10 said:

@erro58 said:

@Jimbohalo10 said:

@erro58 said:

You can ONLY build HoloLens apps with Unity 5.* and Visual Studio 2015 on Windows Home. You cannot run them on Windows Home

To obtain Windows Professional you will need to load a version of Windows Insider onto a blank PC or split the hard disk into two partitions one for Windows Home one for Windows Insider Professional Edition and then take the "release updates".

The Pc Will need 8GB Memory quad core processor I3 at least. 500GB disk split into two partitions

I know that win home doesnt support hyper-v and I do only want to build apps, I dont' have to run in on my computer, beacuse I have a holoLens device.

So, are you saying that I don't see power and performace tab in player setting for windows store, beacuse I don't have win pro?

In the install the tools docs says, that you need VS 2015 with update 3 OR VS 2017. I have them both. And I am using unity 5.4.5f1 and 5.6.2f1.

What is this Mixed Reality Technical Preview about? Whre can I download this?

• @erro58 said:

@Jimbohalo10 said:

@erro58 said:

@Jimbohalo10 said:

@erro58 said:

I know that win home doesnt support hyper-v and I do only want to build apps, I dont' have to run in on my computer, beacuse I have a holoLens device.

So, are you saying that I don't see power and performace tab in player setting for windows store, beacuse I don't have win pro?

In the install the tools docs says, that you need VS 2015 with update 3 OR VS 2017. I have them both. And I am using unity 5.4.5f1 and 5.6.2f1.

You MUST load the tools in the order described Visual Studio 2015 Community and the Unity 5.6
    select the functions as picture

Select Player as Windows Store
    Then open Player as above and select Fastest

You cannot get MRTP this only comes with Loaned Acer Immersive headset. Nothing to do with HoloLens