Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Holographic remoting player refuses connection. What happened?

Hi,

I've been using holographic remoting player with Unity 5.5.0b09 recently and it works well for quite some time. Today, somehow it refuses connnection immediately everytime I click 'connect' in the holographic emulation panel in Unity.

Console says:
"Disconnected with failure reason Unreachable, attempting to reconnect.
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()"

"Disconnected with failure reason ConnectionLost, attempting to reconnect.
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()".

Everytime it's disconnecting, the holographic remoting player showed the sleep symbol (the zz with half moon, I think it's called sleep symbol) when I gazed at it. I tried to close and reopen Unity again, doesn't work. Closed and restart the holographic remoting, doesn't work. Restarted my hololens, doesn't work.

It's really frustrating to deploy in VS every time I wanted to test my app so I really need this feature to work. Any idea what's going on?

Cheers,
Kenny

Answers

• Update: So, I've decided to uninstall and reinstall Unity 5.5.0b9. I tried the holographic remoting again; the good news is that it works now BUT I'm experiencing frequent crashing of Unity everytime I click 'Disconnect' in the Holographic emulation panel. Oh well, at least it's connecting when I want it to. I could only hope that the previous problem won't crop up again.

If anyone experiencing the same problem as I am, please do let me know. OR if anyone does not have the problem, please do let me know what version you're using.

-Ken

• I also have a problem.

I am running 5.5.0f1 and it's stuck at "Connecting". Any help from the community?

• hey @papiot So basically what happened to me was I have two version of Unity (5.5.0b09 and 5.5.0b10) where both have the holographic emulation capability. For whatever reason, the v5.5.0b10 kind of screwed up the holographic emulation and it also affected the 5.5.0b09 as well. So, I've uninstalled both version and reinstalled 5.5.0b09. Finally, it connected and it works fine.
    So, maybe what you should do is to uninstall any version that has the emulation and only use one version for hololens development, i.e. 5.5.0b09. You can still install the stable version of Unity as long as you're not using it for developing hololens apps.

One caveat is to make sure not to press "disconnect" immediately after you stop the game. Give it 10 seconds, then disconnect. I find this trick prevented Unity from crashing, well, most of the time. For convenience, make sure to disconnect only after you're done developing your app.

• [Using 5.5.0f3] Currently, experiencing the same issue("kind of"). It is giving me the same warning every 15-20 seconds or so while I am trying to reconnect my Hololens.
    It worked the previous day on my other projects, after many times of trying to connect , but now I cannot connect. Please help