Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

HoloLens Emulator does not load W Store HoloLens app due No Windows Update

When trying to load RoboRaid from Windows Store Made for HoloLens I got error
0x8007007E from the Store. The Answers says Reset windows update setting, register Windows Update engines and do famous WSRESET. Well of course if we had PowerShell we might.Studying portal processes none are running so I assume that Emulator cannot load Windows Store apps. Just need someone to check the real physical HoloLens does?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017 Answer ✓

This thread started just after HoloLens Emulator and in it parts Windows 10 was released.
    Now Windows 10 Anniversary (build 14393) and the updated emulator has been released. Some HoloLens App on the Windows Store can be loaded and work.

This does not means that for instance that apps that rely on Spatial Mapping will work because the HoloLens RGB CAMERA AND CODE DOES NOT EXIST.

Many Holograms require other code residing on the device and wont work.

Please remember that an app must be installed _EVERY TIME THE HoloLens Emulator is STARTED.
    They are temporary and transient, if an error occurs due to missing bit of code _DONT
    bother trying again

Many standard apps will load and the main reason is because you need to run the HoloLens Emulator in Administrator "Run as Administrator" and this is done by starting from Command shell in Standalone Mode NOT via Visual Studio start-up.

DISCLAIMER
    This is not an officially Microsoft supported answer but a workaround for the HoloLens Emulator, and any damage resulting in corruption and consequential reloading for the PC or any code as a result is your correcting “responsibility”

I have documented this in detail in
    How to install HoloTour on to HoloLens emulator

Answers

• I am experiencing the same problem and with all of the Store apps in the emulator. Tried on two different machines.

• HoloSheepHoloSheep mod
    edited April 2016

@EdAM did you try loading apps from the store from an emulator on two different PCs or did you try loading apps from the store on two different actual HoloLens devices?

I am also seeing the same error number when I try in the emulator, but I haven't found mention anywhere yet if anyone has been successful with loading store apps into the emulator or not.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• @neerajwadwa considering the emulator's current limitation of not supporting store downloads, are there appX packages available for the launch titles that we could side-load into the emulator?

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• mr0ngmr0ng ✭✭

I would also like to know how I can run HoloLens apps in the emulator (all relevant apps available in the Windows Store)

• @neerajwadhwa said:
    The emulator does not currently support MSA sign in.

so why on HoloLens emulator have store apps? -_-

• Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017 Answer ✓

This thread started just after HoloLens Emulator and in it parts Windows 10 was released.
    Now Windows 10 Anniversary (build 14393) and the updated emulator has been released. Some HoloLens App on the Windows Store can be loaded and work.

This does not means that for instance that apps that rely on Spatial Mapping will work because the HoloLens RGB CAMERA AND CODE DOES NOT EXIST.

Many Holograms require other code residing on the device and wont work.

Please remember that an app must be installed _EVERY TIME THE HoloLens Emulator is STARTED.
    They are temporary and transient, if an error occurs due to missing bit of code _DONT
    bother trying again

Many standard apps will load and the main reason is because you need to run the HoloLens Emulator in Administrator "Run as Administrator" and this is done by starting from Command shell in Standalone Mode NOT via Visual Studio start-up.

DISCLAIMER
    This is not an officially Microsoft supported answer but a workaround for the HoloLens Emulator, and any damage resulting in corruption and consequential reloading for the PC or any code as a result is your correcting “responsibility”

I have documented this in detail in
    How to install HoloTour on to HoloLens emulator