Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Positioning the objects at the same point (0,0,0)

Hi,

In unity,I have placed a cube at location (0,0,0).
Main Camera at position(0,1,-10)
I have models developed using Maya software. I have imported the model into unity, and placed at position(0,0,0)

But the problem is the Coordinates of the Primitive object(Cube) and 3d model are not matching. The position of the 3d model is far away from the model (suppose top or bottom of the Cube)
Cube is exactly at (0,0,0) even the 3d model is at (0,0,0) . Then y both the objects center is not the same?

Please help me out!

Best Answer

Answers

• This is because your origin (also referred to as Pivot Point) is not correctly set for the model in Maya. Manually edit your pivot point and put it in the center of mass for the model or at the center of the base for the model.

FYI, on HoloLens the camera should ALWAYS be 0,0,0 and the content should be moved elsewhere. This is because when the application starts the users head is the "middle of the world". If you have the Unity camera anywhere other than 0,0,0 things will not be where you expect them to be at runtime.

Our Holographic world is here

RoadToHolo.com      WikiHolo.net      @jbienz
    I work in Developer Experiences at Microsoft. My posts are based on my own experience and don't represent Microsoft or HoloLens.

• Thanks @jbienzms
    Great explanation :)

Earlier as i said my cube(Primitive object in unity) is at position (0,0,0)

--> Capture3 & Capture4 (Attached images)

But my 3dmodel named "Keratocytes" is also at position (0,0,0) but the model is not seemed to be placed at the location where the cube is placed

--> Capture & Capture2 (Attached images)

How can this issue of positioning be resolved?
    So do you think is their any problem in building models in Maya?

Please help me out has iam stuck with this problem from many days.
    Thanks in advance :)

• Thanks @jbienzms
    Great explanation :)

Earlier as i said my cube(Primitive object in unity) is at position (0,0,0)

But my 3dmodel named "Keratocytes" is also at position (0,0,0) but the model is not seemed to be placed at the location where the cube is placed

How can this issue of positioning be resolved?
    So do you think is their any problem in building models in Maya?

Please help me out has iam stuck with this problem from many days.
    Thanks in advance :)

• @jbienzms
    Thanks, it was the problem with the model.