Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

How to have multiple objects for selection

Hello everybody,

How can I achieve that I can select different holograms in my app. For example, I want to have the opportunity to select and watch a tennis ball. After that, I want to pick a basketball to watch it. But when looking at the balls, they must never be considered together. These must always be considered individually.

Many thanks for your help

Answers

• I do not know if I understand you questions correctly. But if you want to see two holograms one time, it is possible. You can use unity to put the two holograms in one scene, and then deploy to Hololens.

• Hi @RingMyBell,
    yes i know how to put tow holograms in one unity scene. But i want to see those holograms seperatly. For example you have an selectionbox with some options. Option one shows only for example the tennis ball without the basket ball. And option two the contrary.

• @Memo said:
    Hi @RingMyBell,
    yes i know how to put tow holograms in one unity scene. But i want to see those holograms seperatly. For example you have an selectionbox with some options. Option one shows only for example the tennis ball without the basket ball. And option two the contrary.

Do you try the Holograms App installed in Hololens? For the menu window, you can see a list of different holograms, and you can air tap on to select each one of them.

• @Memo

First you want to create a variable to reference the currently "Selected" gameObject.

Then provide the user a way to make a selection (voice command, air tap, etc..).

The associated code would both set the variable for the SelectedObject to the given gameObject as well as turn off any selection indicator on the previously selected object before making the change and turn on the selection indicator for the newly selected object.

The selection indicator that you want to display on (or move to) the currently selected object is up to you. It can be a selection box mesh or whatever you feel is appropriate to indicate to your user which game object is currently selected.

In one of my projects I used gaze with a voice command to select the selected gameObject. My variable and logic was centralized in an empty gameObject that acted as a controller on the root level of the scene's hierarchy. I used a single gameObject as a selection indicator that I moved to the location of the selected gameObject and hid when there was nothing selected.

HTH.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings