Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Unable to activate Windows Store app Could not find or load a type

After following several tutorials from the Hololens Academy it just won't seem to work on even the Virual Hololens as even the physical one.

I have followed the exact steps from Microsoft in regards to what to install for Visual Studio as even Unity itself.

Basically I am having 2 type of issues, 1 of which I have attached a screenshot:

Quote: Unable to activate Windows Store app 'Origami_sx6pycx103f58!App'. The activation request failed with error 'Could not find or load a type'.

And the second one as the App does seem to deploy, even to virtual- as physical Hololens. Once started the app it immediately shows the cursor with zZz in it, as if the app is just "sleeping" and can't be executed.

Technical specs of what I am running:

• Visual Studio: Professional 2015 version 14 update 3.
  • Unity 5.5
  • SDK's and options checked according to Microsoft Help for the Hololens support in Visual Studio.

Drive encryption has also been tested, disabling it as even having it running (Bitlocker) doesn' t show any difference.

Last part of deploy log:
4>------ Deploy started: Project: Origami, Configuration: Release x86 ------
4>Deploying to Phone Internal Storage...
4>Creating a new clean layout...
4>Copying files: Total 48 mb to layout...
4>Checking whether required frameworks are installed...
4>Registering the application to run from layout...
4>Deployment complete (0:00:08,667). Full package name: "Origami_1.0.0.0_x86__sx6pycx103f58"
========== Build: 3 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
========== Deploy: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Answers

• utekaiutekai ✭✭✭

Don't know if it's the problem you're having, but I saw a similar error when I attempted to use Windows 10 UWP APIs that aren't available to a HoloLens. HoloLens gets a subset of the APIs. I found this when trying to get a socket server running on HoloLens.

• @utekai said:
    Don't know if it's the problem you're having, but I saw a similar error when I attempted to use Windows 10 UWP APIs that aren't available to a HoloLens. HoloLens gets a subset of the APIs. I found this when trying to get a socket server running on HoloLens.

Hi Utekai,
    Good one actually. My assumption is that this should not be the problem, as it only containt creating this basic cube for instance and then porting it to visual studio and then running it on the Hololens. It's actually Hololens tutorial 100 and 101(e) i'm doing.

• Based on the message from the output window, it appears that it did actually deploy successfully to the emulator. DId you check the all apps list to see if it's actually there?

• @Jesse_McCulloch said:
    Based on the message from the output window, it appears that it did actually deploy successfully to the emulator. DId you check the all apps list to see if it's actually there?

Hi Jesse,
    Yes, and i'm able to start the app as well. But as soon as i place the app then the screen it should show output just stays white and the "mouse pointer" says zZz as if the app is sleeping.

This behavior is the same for the real Hololens as even the virtual Hololens.

And then, i'm just following the simple tutorials, each of them have the same behavior.

• Wanted to provide a picture of how the app looks when running.

• edited November 2017

I was getting the same error. Make sure that in your Package.appxmanifest file
    you have TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Holographic" MinVersion="10.0.10240.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.16299.0"
    and not
    TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Universal" MinVersion="10.0.10240.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.16299.0"