Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Can't deploy with more than one scene added to build

Am I missing something basic? I add a second scene to my build settings, I have the functionality to change scenes and it works in the unity 5.5 emulator. But when I try to deploy to my HoloLens the build fails every time. Is there another step that I missed?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    HoloCanHoloCan
    Answer ✓

Thanks for responding. Somehow the problem sort of resolved itself after I fully applied the voice control script that lets me switch between scenes. could it be possible that, without a way to navigate between scenes properly, could be the cause of the inability to deploy the program?

Answers

• Options

more details about what errors are shown would be helpful in diagnosing what's going on here. There are plenty of solutions that have multiple scenes working (e.g. GalaxyExplorer for one).

• Options

+1 on more info needed. Otherwise check how much memory you are using as you may be hitting the device limit.

Taqtile

• Options
    HoloCanHoloCan
    Answer ✓

Thanks for responding. Somehow the problem sort of resolved itself after I fully applied the voice control script that lets me switch between scenes. could it be possible that, without a way to navigate between scenes properly, could be the cause of the inability to deploy the program?

• Options

@HoloCan - If you are using Unity.....
    In Unity, If the scene is not added while executing build settings, Unity will not be able to load the scene. Ensure you add all the scenes before executing the build settings.

• Options

@Karthik said:
    @HoloCan - If you are using Unity.....
    In Unity, If the scene is not added while executing build settings, Unity will not be able to load the scene. Ensure you add all the scenes before executing the build settings.

Interestingly enough, when using the holotoolkit to build my project, it doesn't seem to matter. I'm not sure if it auto adds the scenes that are relevant or if it just adds them all. But to build the project I haven't had to select which scenes to add.

But hopefully I'm not just missing something.