Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Academy101 TapToPlace not working, exit with error code -1

'Origami.exe' (CoreCLR: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'c:\data\Programs\WindowsApps\Microsoft.NET.CoreRuntime.1.0_1.0.23819.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\mscorlib.ni.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Origami.exe' (CoreCLR: CoreCLR_UWP_Domain): Loaded
'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\OrigamiVS.Release_x86.Tianxin\System.Runtime.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\OrigamiVS.Release_x86.Tianxin\WinMetadata\Windows.winmd'. Module was built without symbols.

Module information:
Built with Compiler Ver '190023918'
Built from '5.5/release' branch
Version is '5.5.0f3 (38b4efef76f0)'
Release build
Application type 'D3D11'
Used 'UWP'

OS 'Windows 10 (10.0.14393)'

'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\OrigamiVS.Release_x86.Tianxin\System.Runtime.Extensions.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.'C:\Data\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\OrigamiVS.Release_x86.Tianxin\UnityEngineProxy.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'C:\System.Reflection.Extensions.dll'. Module was built without symbols.

The program '[1432] Origami.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

Above is a few lines from the output console. This resulted in the tap to place function not working. Interestingly, everything else works perfectly fine: The display, audio and tap to drop the balls worked as expected. But tapping on the stage does nothing, the stage is not following the movement of camera at all.
I believe I followed the tutorial step by step and I don't think I missed anything. (Unless there is a severe difference on some settings between the version used in tutorial and my version 5.5.1)
Has anyone encountered similar problems? I appreciate some comments and suggestions.

Answers

• To which object did you attach your TapToPlaceParent script?

• @timg I attached it to 'Stage' object under OrigamiCollection.

• @timg I'm running into the same issue currently, and have also attached TapToPlaceParent to the Stage object.

• @TimC and @d19fe8, I'm not able to reproduce this aberrant exit using the 5.5.0f3 (64bit) Unity release.
    @TimC, you indicated you are using 5.5.1, but the debug text you included above says 5.5.0f3. Can you verify the build you're using? @d19fe8?

Built from '5.5/release' branch
    Version is '5.5.0f3 (38b4efef76f0)'

Can either of you load the completed project (either 8-Finale or 7-SpatialMapping) and see if the problem reproduces for you there?