Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Fix: Enabling Windows 10 Developer Mode get error code 0x80004005 after Build 14383

Some new developers will have problems to enable Developer mode they will get error code 0x80004005 after Build 14383, when trying to enable.
Here is the Known Problem log from Windows Insider Hub

After you install this build (as well as Build 14383) on a PC using a non-EN-US language, you may get error code 0x80004005 when enabling Developer Mode on the “For Developers” Settings Page. Even after seeing this error message, your machine is in developer mode and you should still be able to use Visual Studio to develop Universal Windows Applications. In most cases, this error indicates that extra components required by the operating system to enable additional debugging features in Visual Studio or the Windows Device Portal could not be installed automatically.
To fix this:
Open the Settings app.
Click on “Apps & features”
Choose “Manage Optional features”
Press the button “Add a feature”
Select the package for Windows Developer Mode
Click “Install”
Reboot your PC
Launch Command Prompt as Administrator
Run: sc config debugregsvc start=auto
Run: sc start debugregsvc
Finally, return to the “For Developers” Settings page. You will still see the error code, 0x80004005 but you should now be able to enable Windows Device Portal and the Device Discovery features

I have not been able to test this because this is already enabled on my PC

Comments

• In build 14390 its allegedly fixed, but the information above is still valid!

• I've just installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update on my work machine. I've tried to enable Developer Mode but get the 0x80004005. When I follow these directions nothing is listed when I go to add optional features. It spins for a second and nothing.

I know my network has some very strange GPO's in place. As an example they actually disable the Windows Firewall service. I discovered that this causes havoc with Windows 10's Windows Update and so I have to go and manually enable and start the service every time I want to install updates. They won't otherwise install automatically like they should.

Despite this setback I was still able to go in through the grand old Control Panel and use "Turn Windows features on or off" to install the Linux subsystem.

Any ideas on the other issues?

• @Taddeusz here is log of my running commands
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
    (c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc config debugregsvc start=auto
    [SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc start debugregsvc

SERVICE_NAME: debugregsvc
    TYPE : 20 WIN32_SHARE_PROCESS
    STATE : 2 START_PENDING
    (NOT_STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x7d0
    PID : 1152
    FLAGS :

C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    I dong know if you get the same but this works on my tablet and allows developer to run. I expect that your corporate setting interfere and probably don't have administrators rights on your pc

• Well, many users are found getting this irritating error while installing Windows update. This might be faced as because the Windows Update folder gets corrupted. Here you can try the below given steps to fix the error

Try running the Window Update troubleshooter and to fix the error:

• Press Windows Key > type ‘troubleshoot’ > hit enter key.
    • Then select “View All” on the left panel > run “Windows Update troubleshooter from the list.
    • Now simply click Advanced but make sure to check Apply repairs automatically and also Run as administrator.
    • Click Next and then follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the troubleshooting.
    • After doing all these, you can check if it allows you install Windows Updates without any errors.

Hope this will help you. but if not then here get more solution to fix the error 0x80004005

• Well, many users are found getting this irritating error while installing Windows update. This might be faced as because the Windows Update folder gets corrupted. Here you can try the below given steps to fix the error

• Then select “View All” on the left panel > run “Windows Update troubleshooter from the list.
    • Now simply click Advanced but make sure to check Apply repairs automatically and also Run as administrator.
    • Click Next and then follow the on-screen instructions in order to complete the troubleshooting.
    • After doing all these, you can check if it allows you install Windows Updates without any errors.

Hope this will help you but if not then Visit This

Hope this will help you. but if not then here get more solution to fix the error 0x80004005

http://www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/fix-windows-update-error-0x80004005-windows-10?utm_source=forum&utm_campaign=bl&utm_medium=ref

Hope this will help you but if not then Visit This

http://www.fixwindowserrors.biz/blog/fix-windows-update-error-0x80004005-windows-10?utm_source=forum&utm_campaign=bl&utm_medium=ref

• Apply the given fixes to get rid of Enabling Windows 10 Developer Mode get error code 0x80004005:

Method 1: **Manually install Developer Mode
    **Method 2:
    Disable the UseWUServer registry key

All the above discussed methods will allow you to enable Windows 10 Developer Mode without any error.

For more PC Error Assistance Visit: http://www.pcerror-fix.com

• I can not add a feature
    It says "the is no feature to add(install)
    What should i do??
  • @Amirreza1379 said:
    I can not add a feature
    It says "the is no feature to add(install)
    What should i do??

The first step before any of the above steps is to enable the "Windows update" service.

• I'm getting error 0x800f0908 when trying to enable developer mode. "Windows update" enabled.