Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

How do I enable the Remote System Capability for a Unity HoloLens App?

I made a new project in Unity. I'm using 5.5.2f1 Personal.

I added a Cube to my scene.

I created a NewBehaviorScript and added it to my Cube.

My NewBehaviorScript is this:

public class NewBehaviourScript : MonoBehaviour
{

// Use this for initialization
    void Start ()
    {
#if WINDOWS_UWP
        var accessStatus = System.WindowsRuntimeSystemExtensions.AsTask(Windows.System.RemoteSystems.RemoteSystem.RequestAccessAsync()).Result;
        Debug.Log(accessStatus);
#endif
    }
}

Under Build Settings I picked Windows Store. I selected Universal 10 for the SDK. I selected D3D for the UWP Build Type. I selected 10.0.14393.0 for the UWP SDK. I checked Unity C# Projects.

Once I build in Unity, I open the Package.appxmanifest in Visual Studio. I check Remote System under Capabilities and save.

When I run the application in Visual Studio using Remote Machine to my HoloLens, the following is printed to the console:

DeniedBySystem

If I do something similar to NewBehaviourScript inside a new Blank Universal App and enable the Remote System Capability, I get Allowed, instead of DeniedBySystem. For some reason it won't work on a Unity HoloLens App. How do I enable the Remote System Capability for a Unity HoloLens App?

Tagged:

Answers

• Try in Unity to go on the tab "HoloToolkit" --> Configure --> Apply HoloLens Capabilities Settings.

this can be the "Internet Client" capability.

• edited May 2017

@victorocha11 said:
    Try in Unity to go on the tab "HoloToolkit" --> Configure --> Apply HoloLens Capabilities Settings.

this can be the "Internet Client" capability.

I tried what you said:

The Remote System capability ended up being checked:

However it's still saying DeniedBySystem

Maybe there's something I have to enable on the HoloLens for Apps to use the Remote System Capability?

• You need to check SpatialPerception as well in those capabilities.

Taqtile

• @mark_grossnickle said:
    You need to check SpatialPerception as well in those capabilities.

I tried checking Spatial Perception in the list and I'm still getting DeniedBySystem.

• Sorry, I didn't look closely at where the error was occurring. Not sure why unity doesn't have remoteSystem listed as a capacity. That makes me wonder if it is not supported. But I do not know that by any means.

Taqtile