Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Can't get the Mixed Reality emulator to start

Hi,
I'm trying to use the MR emulator from the portal application to run, but I got this message

This is from my work PC, but it works on my home PC. Both PCs have a similar configuration (core i5 Skylake + 8 Go + Windows 10 Creator Update).

I tried many things but I can't get the emulator to start. Do you know what do I have to do ?

Thank you

French XR/MR developer / Indie Game Developer

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Is your work PC running insiders builds? I know my PC running insiders builds on the fast ring have not had the Simulator working the last few builds.

• Hi,
    No I use the stable build, I tried to flash my bios, Intel VT in enabled, but it doesn't load.

• Interesting. I have had issues with it loading based on the last couple of insider builds, but as far as I knew, it was working fine in the Creators Update "RTM" build

• Maybe a refresh can solve this problem, but it's my work PC, I can't do that ;) Can I remove the apps and reinstall it? Removing the MR feature and readding it doesn't work.

• Thank you @Jesse_McCulloch for your help! I really appreciate. I'm working on the port of my VR game (oculus/vive) to Windows Mixed Reality, be able to work with the emulator on more than my home PC could help a lot.

• gcifanigcifani
    edited August 2017

POST EDITED BY FORUM ADMIN

For support issues on immersive headsets, see https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/immersive_headset_support.

• Hi,

I can't access to this link, however the dev mode seems enabled because I can deploy debug apps from Unity to Windows UWP

• Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭

Hi @demonixis, Here are some links to check out Using the Windows Mixed Reality simulator and Immersive headset setup which includes MR Simulator usage using an Xbox Controller and voice.
    If you are lucky enough to have got one Immersive headset setup

• I'm getting a similar error. I'm running a French (Canada) version of Windows 10 Pro with Creators update (winver 1703). I had Hyper-V disabled because it's not compatible with Android Studio. I re-enabled Hyper-V, rebooted, tried again, it did not work. I also tried to uninstall the portal and reinstall and that did not work. I'm not using insiders build. When I enable the simulator, it adds Perception Simulation 6-DOF Controller to the device manager.

• Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Hi @samaust @demonixis You need to add your votes-up on Feedback hub using the link Mixed Reality Portal gets "We couldn't download the Windows Mixed Reality Software." error message in headset setup

This way this will get fixed the more people French, Canadian, English (anyone!) vote this up to higher priority the more chance of a fix.

You could try Windows Mixed Reality uninstall
    To remove the software and try again in the Mixed Reality Portal select "Settings".
    From the left panel "Uninstall"

The MR portal does not seem to work on Windows Home Laptop. (15063)

My PC is Windows 10 Professional Creators Edition (15063) with 16Gb memory I5 Quadcore HoloLens Emulator (14398), works fine in MR Portal in Developer setup in simulator mode

• You're fantastic! The camera have to be enabed in the settings! Now it works thanks :)