Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Room mesh got all messed up

After using the HoloLens for about 2 days in an office environment, between multiple rooms we've noticed a weird thing happened to the spatial mesh.
It's almost as if at some point, the HoloLens became confused about orientation and started mapping the room at a different angle.
Attaching a photo of the 3dView page.

Any idea what might have caused it and how to avoid it in the future?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• I haven't seen that myself. I wonder if you walked over to where the world seems to have tilted if the spatial mapping corrects itself.

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• AlexDAlexD ✭✭✭

Both "worlds" are in the same area of the office. So, I was exactly where the tilted version of it existed before.

• Okay, I've sent a query to my friends in spatial mapping. In the meantime, if you want to recreate your map, you can do some from the HoloLens device. From the shell select Settings, and place the settings app somewhere. Then select the 'System' subapplet. In system you'll see a 'Spaces' option on the right hand side. You can select your space and then select remove. A new space should be created automatically, and you shouldn't need to reboot, but I usually do so anyway.

If you see this again after resetting your map let us know.

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

• AlexDAlexD ✭✭✭

Hey Patrick,
    Yes, I had reset the space using the procedure you mentioned and everything worked. I mostly opened this thread for you guys to investigate. I'll be sure to let you know if it happens again, before I delete the mesh in case you want me to perform additional debug steps.
    Thanks.

• Awesome, thanks Alex!

===

• The spatial mapping folks got back to me. They requested that if you do see this again to use the Windows Feedback app on the device. The feedback app should give you an opportunity to include the mapping data as part of the submitted feedback.

===

• I had the same Problem. Feedback is sent through feedback app.

@Patrick
    Do they need the Spatial mapping File? I could not attach the file to the feedback...
    If they do, send me a privat message. I cant upload it here because of size restrictions.

Lukas