Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Is 16257 the latest Windows Insider build?

I have set up to be on the Windows Insider Fast track, and it currently says I am up to date on build 16257. However, I have seen newer builds referenced in a few places:

Am I up to date? I am using Windows Home edition - does that affect anything? I can move to Windows Pro if necessary, but don't want to go that process if I can avoid it.

Best Answer

Answers

• I'm using home....at home. I'll have to double check when I get home, but I think I'm on a newer build. My account is an internal Microsoft account, and when I first added my home PC to the insider program I registered for internal builds. I turned that off, but maybe something hung around that is putting me on newer builds.

(hey, I posted this from the cliff house :))

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

(Daddy, what does 'now formatting drive C:' mean?)

• Thanks @Patrick and @Jesse_McCulloch for being so active on here and answering my few questions this week. I am having a lot of trouble getting my dev environment to work with an immersive HMD - hopefully the next public flight will provide a more stable dev pipeline. I've tried 5 versions of Unity and a few different flavors of setup instructions, and so far nothing that has resulted in an actual build through Visual Studio :-P

• The new flight dropped about an hour ago. I literally just finished installing it, have not jumped into my headset yet to check for changes. New build number is 16273

• my work PC is getting it now. Hopefully it will stay in sync with everyone here now.

===
    This post provided as-is with no warranties and confers no rights. Using information provided is done at own risk.

• Sadly the newest build does not load mixed reality portal anymore. I'm getting error code C00122-0

• Hey Martain,

Are you booting from VHD or using Virtual Machines?

===

• Just upgraded to 16273, also getting error C00122-0, same as Martain. Not using VHD or Virtual Machines.

• Okay... definitely file feedback through the feedback app.

I asked because I've seen some internal threads where some files are in use, preventing installation of the mixed reality drivers, which lead to this error code. The process was vmwp.exe, which is part of Hyper-V. Probably not related, but figured I'd check.

I wish I had a PC in this state so I could experiment with it myself. I know you're busy, so I don't want to bother you with remote troubleshooting. But if you want to try something, you could do this:
    Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Mixed Reality from settings.

and if that doesn't work you could try:

1. plug in your head set
    2. Find the HoloLens sensors drivers in device manager
    3. Right click and uninstall the device.
    4. If you are given the option to uninstall the files check that box.
    5. Repeat for both instances of HoloLens sensors in device manager. :)
    6. And the MixedRealityHeadset. Do you both have the Acer?
    7. Then reboot
    8. And update drivers through device manager / Windows Update.

===

• I left feedback. I followed both guides above, no change. I got this box purely to tinker with Microsoft VR, so I'm happy to hand the "keys" over to you and plug/unplug peripherals as directed. This machine also demonstrates WebVR being broken, which I've also reported on the hub.

Email is in profile.

• Everything is fixed 16278, except WebVR.