Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Unity 2017 and UI buttons bugs

Hello, I recently updated to Unity 2017.1.0.f3 and there are some UI bugs. Indeed, some buttons still work, and some does not, and I see no logic, they are the same type of buttons...

If someone had the same problem and found the solution, thank you in advance!

Tagged:

Answers

• We are going to need way more information to help troubleshoot this. Any errors being thrown? What does not working mean? What is the structure of your project?

• Hello thank you for you answer! The problem was colliders, I did not put them on buttons, because the classic button system worked fined before the Unity 2017 and the MRDesignLab.

Now I see we have to put a collider and a compound button on the collider to make it work. It now works, put it throws me this error multiple times:

ArgumentException: Invalid type: WorldGraphicsRaycaster+RayEventData passed to event expecting UnityEngine.EventSystems.AxisEventData
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.ValidateEventData[AxisEventData] (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData data) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:14)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IMoveHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:120)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IMoveHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction1 functor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261) UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction1)
    HUX.Focus.FocusManager:ExecuteUIFocusEvent(GameObject, PointerEventData, EventFunction`1) (at Assets/MRDesignLab/HUX/Scripts/Focus/FocusManager.cs:222)
    HUX.Interaction.InteractionManager:ManipulationUpdatedEvent(AFocuser, Vector3, Ray) (at Assets/MRDesignLab/HUX/Scripts/Interaction/InteractionManager.cs:764)
    HUX.Interaction.InteractionManager:Update() (at Assets/MRDesignLab/HUX/Scripts/Interaction/InteractionManager.cs:167)

Thank you for your help!

• I'm also having issues where buttons, sliders, etc. are unresponsive. Were you able to fix your errors?

• @Frimy - Sorry I missed your posting of the additional information. It appears this is being thrown by the MRDL code. I would suggest maybe raising this as an issue on GitHub with the repository there.

• For reference, I stopped having this issue after resizing and repositioning my UI directly in front of the user. No colliders were needed.

• Thanks Jesse_McCulloch and no problem, I will raise the issue on the Git. sbagchi, it did not resolve for me, but it works (except the errors in the editor), so...