Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

latest MixedReality250-master unity project has thousands compile error

hello Microsoft

i just download the latest version of Mixed Reality 250 excise file (https://github.com/Microsoft/MixedReality250/archive/master.zip)

and open the Asset in Unity 2017.1.0f3, but found lots of compile error, most of them are complaining about some XR to VR namespace issue, I tried to change the XR to be VR but found lots of new method existing in XR not working in VR namespace

example:
using UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input; // has compile error
InteractionManager.InteractionSourceLost += InteractionManager_OnSourceLost; // compile error

the whole project is not working for latest Unity

what should I do?

can you help me?

thanks

Answers

• Try using 2017.2 beta.

I just upgraded from 2017.1 to .2 and I had to change InteractionManager.SourceLost to InteractionManager.InteractionSourceLost in a different project.

I guess you could also try to change InteractionSourceLost to SourceLost if you do not want to grab the beta.

Taqtile

• Use the beta.
    1. Check the Imports and change everything with VR to XR
    2. Check the other errors, most of them should be "Is outdated, use XYZ instead". Just do that and everything should work fine

• thanks guys, I will make a try later

• Hello Guys,

I have the same Problem. I updated to Unity2017.2.0f2. I also have the newest MRTk.

After that I also have the issue with the obsolete "SourceLost/Updated/Released" thingy.
    Then I change it to this:
    --> InteractionManager.InteractionSourceLost += InteractionManager_SourceLost;

But when I do the change I get a new error:

No overload for "InteractionManager_SourceLost" matches delegate 'Action< InteractionSourceLostEventArgs >'

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

OptiLenso

• No overload for "InteractionManager_SourceLost" matches delegate 'Action< InteractionSourceLostEventArgs >'

Edit: I resolved the compiler errors now, but after clicking on play in the editor Unity crashes.

I try to send unity a Bug Report.

OptiLenso

• If you pick the latest 2017.2 release candidate 2, pick this one that has been compiled specifically with additional mixed realty fixes : http://beta.unity3d.com/download/b9a6355603bd/download.html

According to my experience, yes changes have been made to the package name ( UnityEngine.VR.WSA >> UnityEngine.XR.WSA), but not sure when it happened.

When you update your unity version, it's very important to clean (remove all files) your Gen folder (the one you select when you build the app from Unity).

• If you pick the latest 2017.2 release candidate 2, pick this one that has been compiled specifically with additional mixed realty fixes : http://beta.unity3d.com/download/b9a6355603bd/download.html

I will try this!

According to my experience, yes changes have been made to the package name ( UnityEngine.VR.WSA >> UnityEngine.XR.WSA), but not sure when it happened.

Yes they made these changes, but I had some scripts where they forgot to change it.

When you update your unity version, it's very important to clean (remove all files) your Gen folder (the one you select when you build the app from Unity).

Which files do you mean exactly? Just the folder where I build the app from unity or more?

Thanks for your answer!

OptiLenso

• @OptiLenso I have run into the same issue as you where unity crashes at play once I got all the compile issues solved. I ran into this debugging code though from visual studio

Unhandled exception at 0x00000001418A3674 in Unity.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000000000000000.

I am using the Unity 2017.3.0b3 version though :(

• OptiLensoOptiLenso
    edited October 2017

Hi @AvionicHologram. Hmm I am using the Unity2017.2.0f2. Maybe try this one?

Edit: sry I did not notice that you have the recent beta not me :D I will try the new one

I imported ne newest MRTk from today and now I have the same Problem in the InteractionInputSource.cs Script.

When I do like VS says I change for example
    InteractionManager.SourceDetected ... ** to **InteractionManager.InteractionSourceDetectedLegacy
    it says it is deprecated and I have to change it to InteractionManager.InteractionSourceDetected, but this gives me the same Error I posted above.

Additionally I get a new Error with the new MRTk:
    At the end of the script

I created a new Project to perhaps avoid errors from my earlier project.

OptiLenso

• Hi all + @OptiLenso

After changing UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionManager.SourceLost += InteractionManager_SourceLost to UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionManager.InteractionSourceLost += InteractionManager_SourceLost, I get an error that there is no overload.

How do I resolve this? I am using Unity2017.3.0f3 with the latest MRDesignLabs_Unity

• You have to look at the InteractionManager_SourceLost method

AR Developer

• OptiLensoOptiLenso
    edited February 2018

@HMrI

My problem was solved after some updates from the MRTk and Unity. I don't know the update exactly but I'm using Unity2017.3.0p1 with the current MRTk and everything works fine without changing anything.

OptiLenso