Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Need help, multiple rejections

My first post went into a moderation queue.

Your app doesn’t install on one or more of your currently selected device families. Please check that your device family selection is correct and re-submit your app.
Installs on:
HoloLens
Does not install on:
Desktop

Tested Devices: Windows 10 Desktop, Windows 10 Holographic

I have confirmed many times that this app installs on the proper setup, fall creators version of win10 using a MR HMD. I'm pretty sure that I checked all the boxes in the store to indicate this app requires a headset and MR controllers to function.

I can't fix this on my own. I believe the reviewers are in the wrong. Please.. I'm in desperate need of help here. My entire product launch is at risk here. I've beyond missed my launch window for these MR things. I need some actual contact with the windows store team. They aren't responding to my emails.

Answers

• As a gentle reminder, I am NOT USING UNITY. This is a custom engine app.

Every time I try a new package, its taking 3 entire days to get the same rejection. I need some real contact here.

My pertinent manifest section:

<Dependencies>
        <TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Universal" MinVersion="10.0.16257.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.16257.0" />
      </Dependencies>

Visual C++ target settings both set to 10.0.16299.0

Package settings attached below

• edited October 2017

Anyone???? The review team replied and literally copy pasted the same thing to me and didn't offer any details.

• Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017

My pertinent manifest section:

< Dependencies >
    < TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Universal" MinVersion="10.0.16257.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.16257.0" />
    < /Dependencies>

I have done a lot of Appx development only VS2017
    So here is my generated file by Unreal Engine and tested in VS2017
    < TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Holographic" MinVersion="10.0.10586.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.14393.0" />

Yours says Windows Insider update version 16257 which I have never seen.

then you say you used 16299, which is not!

IMHO your code line should be

< TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Holographic" MinVersion="10.0.14393.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.16299.0" />
    For a holographic app

Or
    < TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Windows.Universal" MinVersion="10.0.16299.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.16299.0" />
    For a Windows Universal App

VS2017 setting only apply to NEW projects to edit previous projects.
    In VS unload the solution project and use the VS editor/save and reload or close VS and edit with notepad AppxManifest.xml manually

Where is your package library dependency
    < PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.Debug" MinVersion="14.0.25019.0" Publisher="CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US" />
    or you wont load you wont load matching VS libraries.

The easiest way would be to open a new solution (Universal) and the compare yours AppxManifest with new generated code.

Why aren't you testing with self signing first, because if you self sign to yourself and install keys see my thread Signing wont trust a Holographic Academy app for HoloLens Win10 as Appx for MR

In which eventually THIS IS FIXED.

IMHO If you cannot install a local working Appx I don't see how you can submit this to the Store, without rejection

Don't worry about people missing apps because most of us are still waiting for our headsets. If you are trying to get them from the Microsoft store you simply WONT have been received outside the US
    Which is why we use Amazon UK!!!

• I'll change the part to < TargetDeviceFamily Name="Windows.Windows.Universal" MinVersion="10.0.16299.0" MaxVersionTested="10.0.16299.0" />

But I don't think that will fix it for me since 10.0.16257.0 fell somewhere in between previous and current major windows 10 releases. Aka, it installs fine since 16299 > 16257. I'd hate to wait 3 days to find out that wasn't the issue.

I don't have a PackageDependency section. I've never needed one? It installs fine without it.

Again, my app is indeed installing properly on the machines I want it to run on. I've even had others on this forum test it for me. I believe the app store cert team is trying to install my app on an old build of windows.

The 3 day turnaround time for each submission is killing me. I need a direct dialog with the people trying to certify my app. I think the main issue here is nobody has ever tried to release a hololens and MR app together in the same version and they are getting confused.

• Okay something is definitely up here. You may be right about the msvc140 libs. My appxupload doesn't contain any dependencies next to the appxbundle when I unzip it. But my _test packages do. This is likely a huge problem isn't it?

How do I add them to my manifest. When I looked online all I saw about packagedependencies was related to the windows 10 desktop bridge (which I don't use).. and I couldn't find a clear cut example of how to add them to a manifest. I don't want to add the debug libraries, just the release runtime libs for msvc140

• edited October 2017
    _