Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

When I import the holotoolkit example pacakage and building,these examples can't run in the VS2015?

I am the newer of the MR and Hololens, I want to learn how to develop the application from the holotoolkit examples, but when I import the HoloToolkit-Unity-Examples-v1.2017.1.1 unity package and HoloToolkit-Unity-v1.2017.1.1 package, the examples can play in the unity 2017.1.1f1,but when I building it and open the sln file in the VS2015.3, some errors happens like this picture, I want to know how to modify these? and was there someone else meet the same error?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @hhhouwt,

Here are a few things that might help:

1. In the root of your Unity project file, delete the Library and UWP folders. These might have gotten corrupted. They will get rebuilt.

2. Try these two settings changes and see if you get better results. When building, set the SDK to 10.0.14393 rather than Latest installed. Uncheck Unity C# Projects.

3. If you can and aren't already, get onto Unity 2017.1.2 -- this version is working well for me.

James

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

Answers

• Options
    james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @hhhouwt,

Here are a few things that might help:

1. In the root of your Unity project file, delete the Library and UWP folders. These might have gotten corrupted. They will get rebuilt.

2. Try these two settings changes and see if you get better results. When building, set the SDK to 10.0.14393 rather than Latest installed. Uncheck Unity C# Projects.

3. If you can and aren't already, get onto Unity 2017.1.2 -- this version is working well for me.

James

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• Options

Thanks for your suggestions, and I install the Unity 2017.1.2, and then the examples can run well without Unity C# Projects selected.
    Hope this can help others~