Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Hololens not charging

Has anyone else experienced an issue with the Hololens not charging? Our Hololens was working great for about a week and a half. Then, the battery died. We have not been able to recharge and power on the device since. Same exact cord and power source that we were using before and alternate power sources aren't making a difference. Any help would be great.

Additional information: No lights appearing on the LED, can't use it even when plugged into power and we tried holding the button to ensure it was shut down before trying to turn it back on. The device has become completely unresponsive.

Tagged:

Answers

• holovrholovr ✭✭
    edited May 2016

what kind of warranty does Microsoft offer? I cant imagine they wouldn't replace it. id be pretty pissed off if i dropped 3k on a paperweight lol

• How'd it end up? I'm having the same issues with my HoloLens, Developer's Edition, and the Microsoft support won't help me much, because it won't connect to my computer for a hard reset.

• Anybody has update on this issue? I just get the same issue on my Hololens Dev edition. It just will not charge at all, so virtually useless now. I am so stunt to receive the email from the customer support that they cannot do anything (no warranty), and give me the option to re-buy a new one. Help!!

• EladAEladA
    edited July 2017

I think I have the same issue. My HoloLens is completely unresponsive, it is connected to the charger but still not working.

When connected to the charger the charging LEDs are most of the time off, only once in a while (very rare) they blinks for a few seconds and return to their off-state.

Does anyone figure out a solution?

• We bought 3 of them , 2 are working flawless but this one had trouble charging since the first use. Not like all of you , this one became unresponsive and wont even charge anymore.
    Any updates on this?

• Yep basically no support on developer editions. So what am I supposed to do with my useless device that costs 3k?

• We purchased a developer edition too and we are facing similar problem. Hololens is not charging or getting started at all. The usage is barely a few hours and its extremely disappointing with the way it turned out.
    Do we have a solution for this yet? Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thanks