Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Mixed Reality Portal: Customization possible?

Hi all,

I would like to customize the Mixed Reality Portal "home" environment for let's say all Nokia employees. Is this possible?

With customization I mean:

• Design our own home ( 3D rooms, colors, skybox etc.)
  • Have specific models and content (video, 360 video, photo sphere) images available in the Nokia Mixed Reality Portal for all Nokia logged employees which are located in our OneDrive.

All Nokia employees use their Microsoft Office365 authentication.

Kind regards,

Sjoerd

Answers

• Options
    ChrisLChrisL
    edited November 2017

As a consumer newcomer to WMR I can't provide an answer. However, I wonder if your question needs a little clarification. Are you asking to "Nokia"customize the existing Cliff House, or are you asking to create a dedicated virtual "Nokia House" (rooms, levels, etc)? Obviously the content in either would be specialized to your corporate needs. Do you plan on having the corporate logo or title on each element. Whoever can provide you with help probably will ask for some of these clarifications or refinements.

• Options

@ChrisL said:
    As a consumer newcomer to WMR I can't provide an answer. However, I wonder if your question needs a little clarification. Are you asking to "Nokia"customize the existing Cliff House, or are you asking to create a dedicated virtual "Nokia House" (rooms, levels, etc)? Obviously the content in either would be specialized to your corporate needs. Do you plan on having the corporate logo or title on each element. Whoever can provide you with help probably will ask for some of these clarifications or refinements.

Thanks for the reply! I'm indeed talking about the possibility to customize the existing Cliff House. It would have to be branded at some point, but could start without branding for internal demo's. Hope this is enough for getting some answers ;) Kind regards

• Options

Hi Chris,

I was just talking about this subject today. I can see custom houses where the houses are interconnected where you can visit a friends house. Also see a market place for holograms and apps for those houses. Something similar to Second Life...

I am researching modeling consumer products to put up in lets say a hologram market where consumers can try out items (tables, chairs, art work, etc) for their VR homes. I wonder if I can grab and drop an item from the Edge Browser into the house?

I really wish the AR bit (hololens) was cheap enough for consumers, for now VR will have to be that place for marketing. There is a business case here...

David