Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Samsung Odyssey HMD not working correctly with 980ti

Hi there,

I'm finally out of ideas trying to get the new Odyssey headset to work. I get 360 audio but no visual. The Mixed Reality Portal is showing the correct mirroring and tracking. I'm running it on a 980ti, running the latest NVIDIA driver (tried a bunch of different ones too and used DDU to clean up). I have stuck an ancient 660 into my rig and the HMD worked right of the bat. So I know it has something to do with the GPU. I have upgraded the BIOS to the latest Beta, to no avail.

Does anyone have experienced similar behavior or has any troubleshooting ideas?

Windows 10 Pro
Z77X-UD5h
i7 3770k
NVIDIA 980ti

Thanks,
Georg

Tagged:

Comments

• I just got this headset and have the same issue. Did you get any resolutions?

Windows 10 pro
    i7 4790K
    NVidia GeForce GTX 980 ti

• Hey guys. I had a similar issue where I was getting a black screen in the HMD. I reduced the resolution of my external monitor and the hmd sprung to life. I think I was due to the gpu struggling to deliver such hi res to all three screens (one external and two in the hmd)? Worth a try. Let me know. Thanks
  • And just FYI. I was running a gtx 1050ti gpu. Even when I got it working it was struggling to run intensive games like space pirate trainer without glitching. I upgraded to the gtx 1080ti and it’s now all running really well without any slow downs. Appreciate the 1080ti is a bit pricey though.
  • Same problem here, but with a 1060 and the Lenovo Explorer. have tried out many things, and I am curious: is your device in the device manager under monitors shown as "pnp monitor", "mixed reality device" or "[HMD Name]"? Mine was a "pnp monitor", after a manual driver update a "mixed reality device", but it did not seem like it has changed anything...

• Same issue on my side as well. Have a machine set up with the following configuration:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X99
    Processor: i7-5820k
    GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti

Interestingly enough, seems to work just fine on a Dell XPS I have with a GTX 960m. I'll be grabbing a powered USB hub and displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter to see if there is any difference and will post back.

• @DrSK3 said:
    Same issue on my side as well. Have a machine set up with the following configuration:

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X99
    Processor: i7-5820k
    GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti

Interestingly enough, seems to work just fine on a Dell XPS I have with a GTX 960m. I'll be grabbing a powered USB hub and displayport 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 adapter to see if there is any difference and will post back.

Ended up figuring it out, an active displayport to hdmi 2.0 adapter did the trick in my case.