Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Mixed reality portal error C0002160-101

While trying to set up, I am running into an error reading "Something went wrong, and we couldn't start Windows Mixed Reality We're not sure what's up, but this error code should help: C0002160-101.

I can't find anything on this error. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Answers

• I'm having the same issue.

• Same issue for me, but can't find any solution

• SuhshiSuhshi
    edited December 2017

Is there a solution to this problem yet? I'm having the same problem.

• I haven't been able to use the lenovo explorer headset at all because of this error. Spent last evening searching up the error code on the internet and updating drivers on my laptop and i'm still getting this error code.

• I am also getting issue with code C0002160-101 and cannot find any solutions for this. Also, one of my controllers will not pair. (HP headset and controllers)

• Same issue here. Using the Samsung Odyssey, This is being experienced running the SteamVR app, but it also happens just running the MR portal.

Computer is a Surface Studio, mid-level, which "tapes out" thus:

Your PC has what it takes to run Windows Mixed Reality.

Ok    Operating system    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update or later        
    Ok    Graphics card       NVIDIA GeForce GTX 965M                         
    Ok    Graphics driver     23.21.13.8795 (WDDM 2.3)                        
    Ok    CPU                 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz       
    Ok    RAM                 16 GB                                           
    Ok    Disk space          675 GB                                          
    Ok    USB                 3.0+                                            
    Ok    Bluetooth           4.0+   

• Not sure why this information didn't include the OS version. So sorry.
    It's 17063.1000

• I was getting the same issue, the reality check said everything was compatible and I could definitely use my device. Anyways I don't know if you guys are also using HDMI adapters because I definitely was since my laptop did not include it, and turns out that was the problem! I definitely recommend you buy an adapter that is 4K HDMI capable and PD 2.0. I had the same issue and I've talked to many windows agents. Many not really knowing what to do. Until two days ago when I was told it MAY be that the adapter I'm using is saying it's compatible although it truly isn't, causing the reality to proceed up until the point of the error screen. Those are my only two cents Definitely need to thank windows agent Etienne for that (such a nice man I swear) because now the Mixed Reality is working Great! a little lag, but definitely not enough to cause distress. I'll provide an image of the adapter I'm using that definitely helped, as well as my sister playing in the background. Hopefully this helps you guys.