Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Mixed Reality on Surface Book with Acer AH101 crash

1. First i had problems to find the Acer AH101
    Solution 1: https://forums.hololens.com/discussion/8040/getting-a-usb-device-not-found-when-plugging-my-acer-into-my-surface-book

2. The display on AH101 was black -> I had the wrong thunderbolt Adapter-
    Solution 2: I bought one that microsoft prefer: Cable Matters.

3. Now I get the windows Logo on the Acer AH101- and than a point.
    Now the Connection to Acer H101 crasches:

Sorry- only in German:

Programm DesktopLearningApp.exe, Version 0.0.0.0 kann nicht mehr unter Windows ausgeführt werden und wurde beendet. Überprüfen Sie den Problemverlauf in der Systemsteuerung "Sicherheit und Wartung", um nach weiteren Informationen zum Problem zu suchen.
Prozess-ID: 608
Startzeit: 01d3825bdfd2d74d
Beendigungszeit: 4294967295
Anwendungspfad: C:\Windows\SystemApps\MixedRealityLearning_cw5n1h2txyewy\DesktopLearningApp.exe
Berichts-ID: 31d781a9-e42f-448b-a9c8-c5a82b726290
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: MixedRealityLearning_10.0.17063.1000_neutral__cw5n1h2txyewy
Auf das fehlerhafte Paket bezogene Anwendungs-ID: MixedRealityLearning

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: dwm.exe, Version: 10.0.17063.1000, Zeitstempel: 0xcc07c156
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: DHolographicDisplay.dll, Version: 10.0.17063.1000, Zeitstempel: 0x3130cef7
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000002c68
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2e60
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d3825be64d8dbe
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwm.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DHolographicDisplay.dll
Berichtskennung: fe407ab6-c59b-4539-af3b-ca7a779ea26f
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Thanks for help

Answers

• Options
    Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Hi @flei
    The error message according. To Google Translate is
    Program DesktopLearningApp.exe, version 0.0.0.0 can no longer be run under Windows and has been terminated. Review the problem history in the Security and Maintenance Control Panel to find more information about the problem.

Many times this is because you are on a domain connected PC without Administered Rights. Group policy is set to enforce the termination of any programs not authorised.

You need a Windows 10 PC with home/Professional
    Locally connected network WITHOUT ENTERPRISES OR EDUCATIONAL execution policy enforcement

The Event viewer will show the problem ,
    maybe error code 5 Access Denied.

WORKAROUNND
    Reload the Surface with 16299 from Media Creation tool onto USB and boot off USB and install fresh copy of Windows 10 Home/Professional, jojn Windows Insider and the Mixed Reality software is completely reload and then carry out your earlier actions again

In German via partial (Google Translate article)

Auf Deutsch

DesktopLearningApp.exe, version 0.0.0.0 can no longer be run under Windows and has been terminated means stopped

Oftmals liegt das daran, dass Sie auf einem Domain-PC ohne Administrierte Rechte angemeldet sind. Die Gruppenrichtlinie ist so eingestellt, dass die Beendigung von nicht autorisierten Programmen erzwungen wird.

Sie benötigen einen Windows 10 PC mit Home / Professional
    Lokal verbunden OHNE ENTERPRISES ODER EDUCATIONAL Politik Durchsetzung

Die Ereignisanzeige zeigt das Problem,
    vielleicht Fehlercode 5 Zugriff verweigert.

DesktopLearningApp.exe, Version 0.0.0.0 kann nicht mehr unter Windows ausgeführt werden und wurde beendet beendet