Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Mixed Reality controller not running bluetooth pairing cycle

I have just bought a mixed reality headset and controllers ready for Christmas. Trying it out for the first time i noticed that the one controller starts searching for bluetooth devices almost as soon as the pairing button is pressed and will connect to the computer with no problems, the other controller however stays as a solid set of lights and eventually goes to sleep and then turns off. Never does it try to search for devices.
Does anyone have a way to fix this or do i have to take it back to the store?

Answers

• My issue with controllers not pairing, I found rolling back to my previous windows build (before creators update) allowed me to pair the controllers (HP Controllers) with the bluetooth v4 adapter I had to purchase, and I found I could only do one controller at a time. I then re-installed the creators update and they work as intended.
    Unfortunately you only have 10 days to do a rollback of Windows before it gets complicated to do.
    I hope this helps you, and anyone else.

• @Seniam You must switch off the motherboard on-board USB Bluetooth and the install a Bluetooth
    Bluetooth 4.0 USB

You then press the button on controller to pair each controller.
    If you let the batteries fall out of controller you will need to delete the pairing and re-install the controller

• Also having this problem. @Kingtut @Jimbohalo10 . In this case rolling back, or changing the bluetooth dongle wont make a difference as the left controller wont enter Pairing mode at all. Even without a bluetooth dongle when the paring button is pressed the controller should start searching and its lights should still start flashing like with the right controller. However the left controller will not start this cycle at all making it impossible to connect with any device.

• @mcdgray129 said:
    Also having this problem. @Kingtut @Jimbohalo10 . In this case rolling back, or changing the bluetooth dongle wont make a difference as the left controller wont enter Pairing mode at all. Even without a bluetooth dongle when the paring button is pressed the controller should start searching and its lights should still start flashing like with the right controller. However the left controller will not start this cycle at all making it impossible to connect with any device.

When my controller arrived one of them would not start, found the batteries were rubbish. Installed some Duracell (big brand) batteries, but it took 4 attempts to start the controller.
    This was eventually recovered when a upgrade to Windows added an upgrade to the headset and controllers.

• Held down the pairing button and re-connected batteries whilst the Windows PC was actively looking for devices to connect.

Just upgraded via adding another MSA account to Win 10 PC and the new version 1807 Mixed reality software is already stored and installed automatically