Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Downloaded all Mixed Reality, doesn't start tells me to restart

Heya guys, just installed everything, downloaded mixed reality however after clicking confirm to the speech for cortana. This then appears?

I restart my computer and it does not work what so ever. Any help would be appreciated?

Answers

• Could I ask about which brand of WMR device are you using?

• @Akira_Chen said:
    Could I ask about which brand of WMR device are you using?

Using Lenovo Explorer with Surface Book Performance Base.

• Anyone?

• A few questions:

Do you have windows fully up to date?
    Under Settings (not the control panel), do you have Mixed Reality Icon next to Updates & Security?
    How exactly are you connecting your WMR headset to your Surface Book? Is the mini display port to HDMI adapter you're using an "active" adapter?

• And one more, are you connecting the usb on the headset directly into the tablet or into a USB hub? Is it a usb 3.0 hub? Is it a powered USB Hub?

• @CatPhoenix said:
    A few questions:

Do you have windows fully up to date?
    Under Settings (not the control panel), do you have Mixed Reality Icon next to Updates & Security?
    How exactly are you connecting your WMR headset to your Surface Book? Is the mini display port to HDMI adapter you're using an "active" adapter?

Windows is fully updated however it gets stuck on ' 2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892)' which doesn't fully update and always breaks.

I've resorted to using the Windows Insider Preview to try to get it to work and doesn't so.

Mixed reality icon does not appear next to updates & security however I have the mixed reality portal app?

I'm connecting the headset using one of the recommended display port to HDMI adapters by Plugable.

@CatPhoenix said:
    And one more, are you connecting the usb on the headset directly into the tablet or into a USB hub? Is it a usb 3.0 hub? Is it a powered USB Hub?

I'm plugging it directly into the laptop?

• https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NZVL19N7CNC What does the Mixed Reality Checker say? It might lead us to what the trouble is.

• @CatPhoenix said:
    And one more, are you connecting the usb on the headset directly into the tablet or into a USB hub? Is it a usb 3.0 hub? Is it a powered USB Hub?

Just purchased a USB 3 Hub that is powered by 15W plug and still doesnt work

@NXTwoThou said:
    https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NZVL19N7CNC What does the Mixed Reality Checker say? It might lead us to what the trouble is.

• Officially they say the 620 is the min(irrationally, the fact you've got a 965M doesn't seem to matter). That HD 520 might be what it's screwing up on. thorpeca got his Surface Pro 4 to work by directly installing the Intel graphics drivers I think. You might pick up the 4901 drivers and force install them and try again.

• Same exact issue here, including the stuck Update "2018-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4056892)."
    However, I'm not sure this is related. According to this thread, this is an issue with the update itself and doesn't pertain to Mixed Reality.

I am using the Dell Visor and the MR check is giving me all green checkmarks. Plugged directly into the HDMI and USB 3.0 ports of the PC with no adapters.

• Greg1979Greg1979
    edited February 2018

Same exact issue here. Continuously says "we just need to restart your computer", and then once the computer restarts it starts all over again at the beginning, every single time, been trying to fix this for a few days now. Mine has previously worked fine but I had to reinstall it because for some reason the Cliff House wouldn't load, I thought simply reinstalling would work but now it won't reinstall.

• I opened a support ticket with all the details about this issue and the Mixed Reality Team are going to get back to me to hopefully figure this out. I will update this thread for future people having this problem.

• After reading a few other threads, it seemed many users found success after reinstalling Windows 10. I used the "Reset my PC" option in the settings menu (the one that doesn't get rid of all of your files), and it fixed this issue. It was recommended to write down your Windows 10 product key and/or link your machine to your Microsoft account before doing this. Hope this helps.