Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

How to add "MR Design Labs" to the project? Can't build it in the Unity!

Hello,

Based on that this resource is great, more and more people want to use it.
GitHub link: https://github.com/Microsoft/MRDesignLabs_Unity/tree/master/DesignLabs_Unity_Examples

I've already seen the same problem in forum but not the answer. If I am going to work with that library I need to copy all desired folders respectively. But the root cause why I can't deploy it is that in the most of existing scripts there you'll be able to see a UnityEditor namespace and how I know we can't deploy projects with such scripts attached (I've tried, it doesn't work). But those script is paramount importance for me. I am on the spot, indeed, it seems to me that I just have a lack of knowledge in this or that part of the process. Who'll guide me?)

Thank you in advance!
Best wishes,
Andrew

Best Answer

Answers

• edited July 2017

Take a look at this blog ... It's a very useful blog !

• edited July 2017

Thank you for this link, but there I couldn't find the detailed information about deploying process. I have such problem: Error building Player because scripts have compile errors in the editor

• Have you tried the "PeriodicTable"-Example from MRDesignLabs ?
    It works like a charm (on real Hololens)

• edited July 2017

@DrNeurosurg said:
    Have you tried the "PeriodicTable"-Example from MRDesignLabs ?
    It works like a charm (on real Hololens)

Yeah, but the root cause why I want to figure that out is the wish to add that library to my own project! For example, based on your latest post with blog's link I've tried to do that but I've received an error (my latest post). And the reason of this is that the author of that post hasn't described the process of adding this or that folder from HoloToolkit and MRDesign_Labs to new project (for working with those two things respectively) in all details. What exactly has he copied (I mean the folder) from that MRDesign_Labs? And the same thing with HoloToolkit-Unity. That author has used something from those libraries but I don't know what he actually has added. I'm on the spot. It's very important me to be guided step by step through the process of adding that MRDesign_Labs.

I just have a lack of this or that fact to improve this situation which will help me. I wish, I was assisted further.

Thank you in advance!
    Best wishes,
    Andrew

• Answer ✓

The problem was decided!

• i have the same problem, have you figure it out?

• james_ashleyjames_ashley ✭✭✭✭

@Hanggai ,

Pull everything from github and just package DesignLabs_Unity to add to your project. https://github.com/Microsoft/MRDesignLabs_Unity

James Ashley
    VS 2017 v5.3.3, Unity 2017.3.0f3, MRTK 2017.1.2, W10 17063
    Microsoft MVP, Freelance HoloLens/MR Developer
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com

• @Hanggai said:
    i have the same problem, have you figure it out?

Hi, first of all this variant didn't work for me:

Pull everything from github and just package DesignLabs_Unity to add to your project. https://github.com/Microsoft/MRDesignLabs_Unity

I've done bag magic: download "Lunar Module" application and delete all folders in asset, expect with green note. This application uses "MrDesignLabs" respectively.

And in the end, you'll get the same "MrDesignLabs" functionality without prefabs and scripts which you don't want to have in your projects. But what's more interesting, it will work!

• Hi all,

I know the last release of MR Design Labs is not yet meant for Unity 2017.3 but since I only have enough space for one Unity install, I have to get it working with 2017.3

After importing the "DesignLabs_Unity_Examples" and "Externals" folders, I updated the InteractionManager events, but I still get the following errors that I don't know how to resolve:

Assets/DesignLabs_Unity_Examples/Assets/HoloToolkit/Input/Scripts/HandGuidance.cs(56,57): error CS0123: A method or delegate HoloToolkit.Unity.InputModule.HandGuidance.InteractionManager_SourceLost(UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionSourceState) parameters do not match delegate System.Action<UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionSourceLostEventArgs>(UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionSourceLostEventArgs) parameters

Assets/DesignLabs_Unity_Examples/Assets/HoloToolkit/Input/Scripts/HandGuidance.cs(57,57): error CS0123: A method or delegate HoloToolkit.Unity.InputModule.HandGuidance.InteractionManager_SourceUpdated(UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionSourceState) parameters do not match delegate System.Action<UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionSourceUpdatedEventArgs>(UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionSourceUpdatedEventArgs) parameters

Assets/DesignLabs_Unity_Examples/Assets/HoloToolkit/Input/Scripts/HandGuidance.cs(58,57): error CS0123: A method or delegate HoloToolkit.Unity.InputModule.HandGuidance.InteractionManager_SourceReleased(UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionSourceState) parameters do not match delegate System.Action<UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionSourceReleasedEventArgs>(UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionSourceReleasedEventArgs) parameters

These 3 errors are because the following 3 lines:

UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionManager.InteractionSourceLost += InteractionManager_SourceLost;

UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionManager.InteractionSourceUpdated += InteractionManager_SourceUpdated;

UnityEngine.XR.WSA.Input.InteractionManager.InteractionSourceReleased += InteractionManager_SourceReleased;

There are 9 in total, but I thought if someone explained to me what is going on, perhaps I could sort out the rest myself.

Does anyone know what I should do here?

• dbarrettdbarrett ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

@hmiri,

You have to go to the HandGuidance script and there are three methods in there each called: InteractionManager_SourceLost, InteractionManager_SourceUpdated, and InteractionManager_SourceReleased.

You can also go into your script at the error and highlight the methods/delegates and then right click -> Go To Definition and it will take you to them for you.

It sounds like you need to change the parameters to match the ones you are assigning your delegates to. They probably take in the old parameters before XR was a namespace.

So you probably need to change them from something like InteractionSourceState to something like InteractionSourceLostEventArgs. There are different ones for the different methods. You just have to update them from the old namespace to the new namespace.

AR Developer

• @dbarrett said:
    @hmiri,

You have to go to the HandGuidance script and there are three methods in there each called: InteractionManager_SourceLost, InteractionManager_SourceUpdated, and InteractionManager_SourceReleased.

You can also go into your script at the error and highlight the methods/delegates and then right click -> Go To Definition and it will take you to them for you.

It sounds like you need to change the parameters to match the ones you are assigning your delegates to. They probably take in the old parameters before XR was a namespace.

So you probably need to change them from something like InteractionSourceState to something like InteractionSourceLostEventArgs. There are different ones for the different methods. You just have to update them from the old namespace to the new namespace.

@dbarrett
    Thanks very much for your detailed reply.
    I followed the trail as you suggested, and you are right on every suggestion.
    However, I cannot edit those bits, as they seem to be assembly-like programs.
    In other words, I cannot edit those scripts...
    Have I understood you correctly as to where you were telling me to edit and update the delegate params?

• @hmiri you should just have to change the parameter name the method takes in. Because your InteractionManager script is the updated version whereas your HandGuidance script is probably from before the big namespace change. Where your method is just change the method from something like this:

private void InteractionManager_SourceUpdated(InteractionSourceState hand)

to something like this:

private void InteractionManager_InteractionSourceUpdated(InteractionSourceUpdatedEventArgs obj)

AR Developer

• dbarrettdbarrett ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

@hmiri Actually on second look you actually probably just need to grab an updated version of the HandGuidance script from the MRTK. It will have both versions in it. You can find it here:

https://github.com/Microsoft/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity/blob/2acbb55496aa689541be74f5e4b4f9bfe49b249a/Assets/HoloToolkit/Input/Scripts/Utilities/Managers/HandGuidance.cs

AR Developer

• @dbarrett
    Thanks very much.
    It resolved it, though there are new error messages, like a viscous circle where you resolve something but then you get a new error, etc... so I have commented out those, to see what happens...