Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

How to know from which controller (left/right) OnInputUp/OnInputDown was fired ?

HI ,

I want to handle situation where if select is triggered only from right hand certain actions has to taken. I can get handedness information only from InteractionManager callbacks and not from IInputHandler methods. So how to get handed info from InputEventData ?

Best Answer

• swathiswathi
    Answer ✓

Thanks ! Your reply made me look into some other place where I can get InteractionSource from InteractionInputSource .

I am adding the code piece which I have now :

private InteractionSourceHandedness GetHandedness(InputEventData eventData)
    {
    InteractionInputSource inputSource = eventData.InputSource as InteractionInputSource;
    InteractionSource source;
    inputSource.GetInteractionSource(eventData.SourceId, out source);
    return source.handedness;
    }

In InteractionInputSource class add this method :

public void GetInteractionSource(uint sourceId, out InteractionSource source)
    {
    SourceData sourceData;
    source = new InteractionSource();
    if (sourceIdToData.TryGetValue(sourceId, out sourceData))
    {
    source = sourceData.Source;
    }
    }

Answers

• Check out the MotionControllerVisualizer class. You'll want to get access to the MotionControllerInfo class and check it's Handedness.

If you can get the interaction source state you should be able to:

`MotionControllerInfo currentController;
    if (sourceState.source.kind == InteractionSourceKind.Controller && controllerDictionary.TryGetValue(GenerateKey(sourceState.source), out currentController))
    {
    /// Then reference: currentController.Handedness
    }

Taqtile

• swathiswathi
    Answer ✓

Thanks ! Your reply made me look into some other place where I can get InteractionSource from InteractionInputSource .

I am adding the code piece which I have now :

private InteractionSourceHandedness GetHandedness(InputEventData eventData)
    {
    InteractionInputSource inputSource = eventData.InputSource as InteractionInputSource;
    InteractionSource source;
    inputSource.GetInteractionSource(eventData.SourceId, out source);
    return source.handedness;
    }

In InteractionInputSource class add this method :

public void GetInteractionSource(uint sourceId, out InteractionSource source)
    {
    SourceData sourceData;
    source = new InteractionSource();
    if (sourceIdToData.TryGetValue(sourceId, out sourceData))
    {
    source = sourceData.Source;
    }
    }