Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

IN THIS ANNOYING 'WINDOWS STORE' ABOMINATION,

IS THERE ANY WAY TO HIDE (FOREVER) ANYTHING THAT IS NOT 3D 360 DEGREE VR?!? I DON'T WANT TO SEE 2D DESKTOP GAMES IN A VR HELMET! NOT EVEN LISTED, MUCH LESS TO PLAY! NO ONE THAT MATTERS PLAYS GAMES FLAT ON A SCREEN ANYMORE..
PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO EITHER:

HIDE ALL THE 2D FLAT STUFF,

OR ---> HOW TO FIND ANY ONE SINGLE VR APP, OR GAME, OR ANYTHING OF ANY KIND THAT IS VR.. ANYTHING, ... GOOGLE EARTH EVEN , DOES THIS HELMET EVEN DO VR ??? OR JUST THIS STUPID CLIFF HOUSE? I SEE NOTHING BUT HUNDREDS OF BAD GAMES, NONE OF WHICH ARE LISTED AS VR (OR NOT VR..) DO I HAVE TO TRY THEM ALL, TO FIND WHICH IF ANY IS VR? WE ARE TO GUESS?

Best Answer

Answers

• I think your caps lock is on. But agree, it does seem harder than it should be to find VR content. Not sure if this forum is the right place to reach out though as I don't think anyone that builds the store would be on here. Go here and click on site feedback in the bottom right corner:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/

Taqtile

• YAY WOW!!! ALSO: WOW! I think they noticed what I said about, the Windows store not being very 'VR ' (or MR,..) and MR apps being hard to find especially Free ones, etc!

Well,. After having trouble with my controllers for an hour or two (I think they were updating??) I just went into store and there was a huge link for MR FREE APPS and DEMOS right there front and center!
    ALSO, I think the Update gave the Controllers a New Look in CLIFF HOUSE, (Can anyone confirm? :) I thought they used to look Dark Grey but they now look BLACK and GLOSSY, with a battery indicator on the back (though I think that was always there, the contrast is greater now so I can see it better?)
    ALSO There is light under the stairs,
    ALSO if I press the Thumbstick in and in a direction I can MOVE instead of TELEPORT!

Cool.. Heads out over the ocean --- BYE!!!!! :)

• @mark_grossnickle said:
    I think your caps lock is on. But agree, it does seem harder than it should be to find VR content. Not sure if this forum is the right place to reach out though as I don't think anyone that builds the store would be on here. Go here and click on site feedback in the bottom right corner:

LOL (I mean lol) lol.. Yeah, I am not a gamer but a developer, coder, musician, CGI artist and Character Animator with 20+ years experience in Hollywood now in Silicon Valley, so.. I'm used to things moving FAST & LOUD! Also, I have just a couple more days to decide, before I can no longer exchange for my Rift, (my precious...),
    I mean 'a' Rift,.. ahem..
    So I really want to make sure I have the right thing with my new SAMSUNG Odyssey HMD.
    I don't just work in VR I work IN VR, (see how that can be useful?) I am in the VR world for hours, creating scenes and levels, it's hard, it it needs to be right,.

I am already looking at way to mod (shed) most of the External Plastic Shell of the Odyssey, MAYBE even making a purchasable Retro-Fit Kit that gives it a LIGHT Cloth type shell like the RIFT has,..! (talk about a Warranty buster LOL)

However, read my new message above there is HOPE! (I mean hope,..) lol... MY CAPS are why we now have FREE MR GAMES and DEMOS listed Front and Center in Windows Store, no listing them LAST anymore! Microsoft changes slow in my experience, but they respond to CAPS proverbial or not,...

I am happier tonight. Did you know, the Genius who made REVIVE, is planning to make a Version that works directly with WMR from Cliffhouse, (taking the extra Steam and Stream VR drivers out of the equation, hopefully making it exponentially better!)
    The one thing I do 'play' in VR is AIRCAR... I miss it so, but it plays so poorly in my Odyssey, in fact, I miss it so much I used old CGI set pieces from my animated Playboy TV Show in the 90's, to make a giant city in UNITY, added a the Standard Assets JET (with window polygons deleted and camera in cockpit) and have been flying around in my own city! I am going to use it for a new game called: 'CITYCAB'

My 2 VR startups are called SchoolHomeVR and NextWorldVR, I'd say I'm Sorry for the caps, but I'm not really,. I won't feel shame for being myself,. Frankly, in my opinion THAT is ONE of the things MISSING in this staid and battened down community, This is a new world, working and thinking at the old pace is OUT! ARTISTIC PASSION, IRREVERANCE and NEW THINKING is in!
    I will never feel bad about being passionate, I am asking for information! Telling an Artist, that they can't use CAPS is like saying a painter can't use COBALT BLUE or YELLOW! It's a TOOL of EXPRESSION, (in a medium that has little means for exhibiting tone or intention to begin with)
    I am not writing an erudite English essay, if I were I would exhibit perfect proper perspicacity I assure you!

Robert

"Time is our most precious resource, waste anything but time!"
    'When Worlds Collide' (1951)

• @mark_grossnickle said:
    I think your caps lock is on. But agree, it does seem harder than it should be to find VR content. Not sure if this forum is the right place to reach out though as I don't think anyone that builds the store would be on here. Go here and click on site feedback in the bottom right corner:

NAH! The CAPS worked! --> the Cliffhouse Windows Store now lists them at the top, front and center, 'Free MR Apps and Demos!' :)
    I'm a passionate Artist, I would never stop using caps, just because some people like things staid & boring. I'm not writing an erudite English essay, if I were I'd be sure to use perfect proper perspicacity I assure you ;):)

• WoodyWoody
    edited February 2018

@NXTwoThou said:
    Just wait till they push out this new version. Two builds ago for insiders they added a "Places" feature that let's you select "Mission Control" rather than "Cliff House" and be able to force higher quality settings.

THANKS!! Yeah with Steam VR beta you can enter entire worlds either captured w/Photogrammetry, or CGI worlds and use that as a Home Base, I use a Beach in Hawaii, or the Enterprise Bridge :) The new Cliffhouse you mention, sounds like that, Add multiple Desktop pinning ability and it would be near perfect! (especially with WMR ability to SOAR rather than Teleport like in Cliffhouse, I was happy when I found that) - Also in Steam VR you can go ninto settings and change Antialiasing and other settings that sort of controls in WMR native would be really good, ESPECAILLY with my Samsung Odyssey, I can tell a lot of apps are set to run on lower rez screens!