Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Can't go into the cliff house, stuck at "Getting things ready"

Hi,
I'm using the Lenovo Explorer. My headset can't load the Cliff house and stuck at the "getting things ready" screen. After 3 - 5 second in the "getting things ready" screen, it goes black, showing the Windows Logo again and the "getting things ready" again. Keeps doing that forever.
Can anyone help me? Thank you very much and I'm sorry for my english.

Best Answer

• Options
    NeocrevilNeocrevil
    Answer ✓

Nevermind, I figure this out. For future reference, the problem was this key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WpnUserService - Start
    You should never change it if you want to work with WMR.

Answers

• Options
    NeocrevilNeocrevil
    Answer ✓

Nevermind, I figure this out. For future reference, the problem was this key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WpnUserService - Start
    You should never change it if you want to work with WMR.

• Options

Could you tell me the value it should be? It was on 4 by default and I tried changing it to a few numbers I found frequently throughout mixed reality registry keys but nothing seems to be working. This suddenly happened to me after moving my computer into another room and then back again. I don't know what's going on!

• Options

did you ever figure this out? i have the same issue with the HP head set. it does the orb part fine then once I go to the final circle it gets stuck in the getting things ready to a windows logo then back again. the pc checker says my machine meets all specs all green it is a ASUS G11CD oculus ready pc with a geforce 970 and runs my oculs with no issues.

• Options

found it the registry key needs to be set to 2 to auto start that fixed mine.

• Options
    edited February 2018

I really need to know more about this issue, and what is causing it. It has made it impossible for me to use mixed reality/vR. I am using the Samsung Odyssey HMD. After a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, I get all my drivers updated, AV etc loaded, and I can connect my Samsung, and go to cliff house, even do Steam VR, but as soon as I try and reboot I am met with the dreaded "Task Host is stopping background tasks in Windows 10 (Microsoft\Windows\Plug and Play\Device\install Reboot Required) ", then upon rebooting the StartMenu and Cortana Search cease to work, as does edge and most items in tool bar save a app I added as a second browser. After trying many fixes the only one that works is the above registry change and putting it to 4 and thus disabling WPNuserservice....then everything works, but when I go to cliff house I get this eternal loop.

I have tried everything to fix this, and finally decided I had a corrupted User Admin file, as I had just done a fresh install I decided it would be easier to reinstall, so I did....and once I reinstall windows 10 everything works again, but once I use the Samsung Mixed reality even once and go through Windows Mixed reality Portal, BAM I'm back to menu not working everything broken and slow, and the only remedy being turning WPNuserservice off again.....it's a loop within a loop......I need a REAL fix to this issue......Samsung says it's Microsoft's issue, and Microsoft seems content with disabling WPNuserservice....I am supposed to get a call back from a level 2 tech later this week, but I do not have high hopes as so far I knew more then they did about the issue.

My system:

i7 3770k 2nd gen 1155 socket
    Asus P8H67 M EVO motherboard
    16 GB RAM
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC Gaming ACX 2.0+ Cooling Graphics Card (04G-P4-3975-KR)
    Samsung 850 Pro 512gb SSD
    I have an insignia USB 3.0 PCIe board, and a Bluetooth plugin

• Options

I have the same problem with my Samsung Odyssey. That registry key is already set to 2 though, so that doesn't fix mine. I'm stuck on the 'getting things ready' screen and can't get in to the cliff house.

• Options

I really need to know more about this issue, and what is causing it. It has made it impossible for me to use mixed reality/vR. I am using the Samsung Odyssey HMD. After a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, I get all my drivers updated, AV etc loaded, and I can connect my Samsung, and go to cliff house, even do Steam VR, but as soon as I try and reboot I am met with the dreaded "Task Host is stopping background tasks in Windows 10 (Microsoft\Windows\Plug and Play\Device\install Reboot Required) ", then upon rebooting the StartMenu and Cortana Search cease to work, as does edge and most items in tool bar save a app I added as a second browser. After trying many fixes the only one that works is the above registry change and putting it to 4 and thus disabling WPNuserservice....then everything works, but when I go to cliff house I get this eternal loop.

I have tried everything to fix this, and finally decided I had a corrupted User Admin file, as I had just done a fresh install I decided it would be easier to reinstall, so I did....and once I reinstall windows 10 everything works again, but once I use the Samsung Mixed reality even once and go through Windows Mixed reality Portal, BAM I'm back to menu not working everything broken and slow, and the only remedy being turning WPNuserservice off again.....it's a loop within a loop......I need a REAL fix to this issue......Samsung says it's Microsoft's issue, and Microsoft seems content with disabling WPNuserservice....I am supposed to get a call back from a level 2 tech later this week, but I do not have high hopes as so far I knew more then they did about the issue.

My system:

i7 3770k 2nd gen 1155 socket
    Asus P8H67 M EVO motherboard
    16 GB RAM
    EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC Gaming ACX 2.0+ Cooling Graphics Card (04G-P4-3975-KR)
    Samsung 850 Pro 512gb SSD
    I have an insignia USB 3.0 PCIe board, and a Bluetooth plugin