Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Microsoft claims ... or Microsoft lies ... I guess it's your viewpoint

utekaiutekai ✭✭✭
edited February 2018 in Discussion

On the page where Microsoft lists the Hololens for sale ... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/hololens/buy

Development Edition

A good choice for individual developers who are ready to get started. Documentation, tutorials, and community forums are standing by to support you*.

Well, my experience with this community forum ... is it sucks. Totally.

Having bought two hololens for my one person company ... i.e., the INDIVIDUAL DEVELOPER ... there in the primary description ... WHO CAME HERE TO THE COMMUNITY FORUMS ... and TRIED, TRIED, TRIED ... really, go read all the stuff I wrote ... HERE IS MY REAL EXPERIENCE.

I've got a unique software product that can affect everyone positively. And well ... NOTHING.

That is the support I got ... and wow, 3 stars for utekai ... worth about a load of SNOT.

Thanks for nothing Microsoft.

Best Answers

• utekaiutekai ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Truth.

• utekaiutekai ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Now ... when I did call into the 24/7 Premium support line ... your wonderful English speaking (yep) attendant ... asked which Product ... "Hololens" I answered ... but your English speaking attendant ... couldn't comprehend just what that is ... No Windows OS 10 ... and determined very quickly ... I WAS JUST A PRANK CALLER. Told me so, then hung up ... and blocked my number. Wow.

• utekaiutekai ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I don't know what your Truth is Microsoft.

Don't know that for sure ... but I've been writing my truth.

My truth is that the only people you really have 'standing by' are the ones who want to kick your customers and your outside developers and your outside innovators ...

RIGHT OUT THE DOOR.

That is EXACTLY what you did to me.

Two hololens ... for my one person development company ... Yeah, once upon a time I had high hopes ... then ... well Microsoft just sorta rolled right over me ... like a big FAT ASS ONTO A COUCH.

Well just fart on me ... it already smells ... so I realize it's coming ... JUST FART IT OUT.

• utekaiutekai ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey, really, this seems like a good forum for some ... techy geeky poetry ... but also, as I call it ... Poetry of Truth ... from ... Mind Seeds ...

And well, I know how to ... implant them ... visually. Uh huh.

Answers

• utekaiutekai ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Truth.

• utekaiutekai ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Now ... when I did call into the 24/7 Premium support line ... your wonderful English speaking (yep) attendant ... asked which Product ... "Hololens" I answered ... but your English speaking attendant ... couldn't comprehend just what that is ... No Windows OS 10 ... and determined very quickly ... I WAS JUST A PRANK CALLER. Told me so, then hung up ... and blocked my number. Wow.

• utekaiutekai ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I don't know what your Truth is Microsoft.

Don't know that for sure ... but I've been writing my truth.

My truth is that the only people you really have 'standing by' are the ones who want to kick your customers and your outside developers and your outside innovators ...

RIGHT OUT THE DOOR.

That is EXACTLY what you did to me.

Two hololens ... for my one person development company ... Yeah, once upon a time I had high hopes ... then ... well Microsoft just sorta rolled right over me ... like a big FAT ASS ONTO A COUCH.

Well just fart on me ... it already smells ... so I realize it's coming ... JUST FART IT OUT.

• utekaiutekai ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey, really, this seems like a good forum for some ... techy geeky poetry ... but also, as I call it ... Poetry of Truth ... from ... Mind Seeds ...

And well, I know how to ... implant them ... visually. Uh huh.

• Hi @utekai, pretty epic rant! You're definitely not having the experience you're supposed to, so hopefully the following helps:

• I don't know which support line you reached out to, but because HoloLens is a developer/commercial device, the standard Microsoft consumer support line probably isn't the right one to help. You can get free developer support using this link that's featured on our Mixed Reality Developer Documentation Community page.
    • Speaking of our developer documentation, hopefully you've already spent time there, as there's so much useful content for mixed reality developers, from video tutorials and walkthroughs to code samples and almost 200 articles of documentation.
    • It's also worth noting that developers can often find the support they need here in the community forums, but as they are "community" forums, your mileage may vary because you're being supported by your developer peers.