Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Unable to see motion controllers

I just received Acer headset with motion controllers, unfortunately having troubles getting motion controllers to work.

What I have tried:

• Pairing and unpairing multiple time, rebooting computer several times while doing this.
  • Uninstalling Mixed Reality software and reinstalling, doing pairing again (multiple times).
  • Windows reset (installed windows again).
  • Tried with new batteries (purchased new sets of batteries just in case)
  • Purchased USB 4.0 Bluetooth adapter and tried with it

Most often problem is with left controller, I get following error messages: "We didn't get any response from the device. Try connecting again" and after that simply "Try connect your device again". Screenshots here:.https://imgur.com/gallery/SbQjd

I have gotten to point where both motion controllers do pair but this is quite random, takes quite few computer restarts before things works and it's usually after error messages mentioned above ( (as long reboot computer) ). Also I noticed that motion controllers are usually on "paired" status and sometimes they manage to get "connected", but never shown in applications or anywhere else (motion controllers have not worked when using headset, even if they are on connected state from Bluetooth).

So I can get setup done, but motion controllers refuses to work, even if they get paired and working enough to continue into cliff house (if I gaze on the gem, I don't see my motion controllers even at that point).

Minor problem also is that headset itself refuses to trace, so I can't use "room-scale" setup, only standing/sitting. This is not major problem, but something I guess is worth to mention (tracing dot stays red all the time, very rarely jumps to white but then back to red).

I have tried to setup headset in two different locations (in my house, up and downstairs), with 2m x 2m ( 6.5ft x 6.5tf) free space available without obstacles.

Current OS is Microsoft Windows 10 Home | Version10.0.16299 Build 16299

Any ideas what I could try to solve this issue? Thanks.

Answers

• Options

Hi,please refer to this Motion Controller Troubleshooting Flowchart

Specially notice:
    Please plug the USB Bluetooth Adapter into a port that is physically separated from:
    1. the headset USB connector,
    2. flash drives,
    3. hard drives,
    4. or wireless USB receivers like those for keyboards/mice.
    5. Plugging the USB Bluetooth Adapter into the opposite side of the computer as far as possible from these other connectors is ideal.

• Options
    edited March 2018

@Akira_Chen said:
    Hi,please refer to this Motion Controller Troubleshooting Flowchart

Specially notice:
    Please plug the USB Bluetooth Adapter into a port that is physically separated from:
    1. the headset USB connector,
    2. flash drives,
    3. hard drives,
    4. or wireless USB receivers like those for keyboards/mice.
    5. Plugging the USB Bluetooth Adapter into the opposite side of the computer as far as possible from these other connectors is ideal.

Unfortunately no change. I tried to connect USB Bluetooth Adapter into USB dongle and front or back of my computer, no change with situation. Also controllers pairing is very unreliable, yesterday when I unpaired and tried to pair them again left controllers refuses to pair. If for some reason I get both controllers paired, they don't stay connected (shown as paired status) and of course not visible anywhere.

Like mentioned, I have updated bluetooth drivers, reinstalled windows and restarted computer few times after pairing/unpairing.

Also here is result for "Windows Mixed Reality PC Check", I should be more than good when it comes to computer specs:

Not sure where to go from here, sadly I don't have another computer to test at this moment.

• Options
    NXTwoThouNXTwoThou ✭✭
    edited March 2018

You might consider going into device manager, finding your Bluetooth adapter(not the motion controllers), right clicking, going to properties, then over to power management and uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". There might be some wacko power savings thing going on.

• Options

Hello, have you found a way to fix this as my controllers are not showing up in game or cliff house even though it says they are connected.

• Options

I'd like a fix too