Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

IMPORTANT If on Skip Ahead don't get 17618!

Here's the release notes:

There are two issues impacting the usability of Windows Mixed Reality on this build. Windows Mixed Reality runs at a very low frame rate (8-10fps) that could result in some physical discomfort. And there are multiple crashes at startup that will cause Windows Mixed Reality to not work. For Insiders who want to keep Windows Mixed Reality working – you might want to consider hitting pause on taking new Insider Preview builds until these issues are fixed. You can pause Insider Preview builds by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Insider Program and pressing the “Stop Insider Preview builds” button and choosing “Pause updates for a bit”.

Comments

• Kind of annoying that Fast ring got at least two builds that broke WMR, then the most recent build fixed the problems. So now they are pushing out the buggy code from those broken Fast ring builds to Skip Ahead.

• Er, random note, I went ahead and picked up this build and did a quick test. I haven't tested any apps, but Mission Control seems to be running at full speed.

• Did another quick check after they made the post about 17115 and "Skyloft". Mission Control in 17618 has had a lot of changes(but is still named Mission Control), mostly with a lot of holograms not being able to be rendered, a lot of the walls being turned into windows, and removing that cool bay window type of arrangement that used to be at the bottom(and the textures for the skybox look even better!). Oh, also noticed when first starting WMR, rather than having the lined representation of different objects, it appears to have a star field above and a..I don't know what to call it, "Arizona horizon"?, in the background.

• Thanks for the updates @NXTwoThou
    Haven't been on insider or the fast ring for a while, I assume of need to go all or nothing with the OS and can't just get wmr insider previews?

• It's an OS level thing, not an app level thing from what I understand. I'm still frustrated where Skip Ahead gets bits that are older than Slow and Fast. The good news is that since Slow and Fast now have the same build, it's highly likely the final is coming out soon(Spring Creators Update) for everyone to enjoy. The bad news is they didn't notify insiders of any changes until mid last week so there hasn't been much if any directed testing so probably bugs galore.