Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Cannot install any program from the Microsoft Store

I get error 0x803FB005 if I try to download, for example, skype.

Answers

• Hello ShikiByakko. This is Paul from Microsoft and I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the preview. Can you please file a feedback item in the Feedback Hub for us and share back the short URL? Check here for how to do that. Thanks.

• @paaron said:
    Hello ShikiByakko. This is Paul from Microsoft and I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the preview. Can you please file a feedback item in the Feedback Hub for us and share back the short URL? Check here for how to do that. Thanks.

I would, but the Feedback Hub doesn't work either.
    It opens but it is in a "loading" state forever.

• Have you tried signing into the Store with a different MSA or downloading via a different network / hotspot?

• @peterdem said:
    Have you tried signing into the Store with a different MSA or downloading via a different network / hotspot?

Tried 4 different hotspots in 2 different networks, no change.
    I just have one single Microsoft account, so...

• It would be useful to try another MSA if you can create a test one. You can also try to reimage the HoloLens. You can create a technical support case here http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=16052 for additional assistance.

• I have the same problem with the store and Skype. And the Feedback Hub hangs while loading.

• Yi_DingYi_Ding
    edited May 2018

Yeah, same here after updating to RS4.

• Hi, I am having the same issues after updating to RS4. Feedback hub keeps loading, unable to install Skype, Does not re-load spaces, Never able to browse to the end of show all HoloLens apps section. It was working without any issues before updating to RS4. Windows Mixed Reality team, kindly please fix those performance issues and bugs.

• I have the same issues (same error when trying to install Skype and OneNote) and have tried using my personal and work MSA. Resetting the device does not resolve the issue.
    I too have been unable to log feedback as opening the Feedback Hub just hangs. I've put in a suggestion on the Desktop Feedback Hub that we be allowed to log issues for HoloLens (currently just Desktop and Mobile devices are options).

• We have the same Problem at this time. We have 6 HoloLens Devices managed with MDM Intune / AzureAD and logged in with Azure work accounts plus MSAs. We try to push Skype as a required App to all our HoloLens but 0x803FB005 occurs in store. All HL are updated to the latest Build 17134.1011 with latest WDRT and then OTA Update. Im not sure maybe 0x803FB005 relates to a license acquiring problem from the MS Server ? We can download any other app from the store without problems. The 0x803FB005 error is also in the HoloLens Feedback Hub documented already.

• Anyone had any luck yet on a fix???

• I get the same issue for any app on the Microsoft store. Basically everything I have from Microsoft is in a constant state of fail.

• I'm seeing this with Skype and OneNote. All other apps work fine. Has anyone found a workaround? I've reimaged the device and tried different MSAs, but all have the same result.

• I had the same problem. If you install RS5 and the do a device reset it lets you install the apps