Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

Deploying app on hololens issues

Hello all, I'm working with Hololens and PhotonNetworking. I use the Mixed Reality Tookit within Unity. Everything work well in the editor, but after building the app with IL2CPP (because .NET generate some errors with photon). I built it the Visual Basic 2017 until here everything work well. When I get the deploying step I get the error bellow. I just show the unity logo and nothing else. I already try many option find in internet but nothing. I have test with Unity 2017.3.1f1, 2018.1.0b9 and 2018.2.0.b4, I get the same error. Help me please !

'ProjetXIRA.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
Loading PlaneFinding.dll
Loading PerceptionSimulationManager.dll
Exception thrown at 0x77412552 in ProjetXIRA.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Cn::XH at memory location 0x013FE3D4.
'ProjetXIRA.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'U:\Users\DefaultAccount\AppData\Local\DevelopmentFiles\ProjetXIRAVS.Debug_Win32.user\PerceptionSimulationManager.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
Loading Microsoft.Perception.Simulation.dll
Failed to load 'Microsoft.Perception.Simulation', expected x86 architecture, but was Unknown architecture. You must recompile your plugin for x86 architecture.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Misc/Plugins.cpp Line: 185)

Loading GpuTiming.dll
Loading SharingClient.dll
Failed to load 'PerceptionRemotingPlugin', expected x86 architecture, but was Unknown architecture. You must recompile your plugin for x86 architecture.
Loading SpatialUnderstanding.dll
Failed to load 'HolographicStreamerDesktop', expected x86 architecture, but was Unknown architecture. You must recompile your plugin for x86 architecture.

[XR] Discovering subsystems at path C:/Data/Users/DefaultAccount/AppData/Local/DevelopmentFiles/ProjetXIRAVS.Debug_Win32.user/Data/UnitySubsystems
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
Renderer: HoloLens Graphics (ID=0x22b0)
Vendor: (null)
VRAM: 604 MB
Exception thrown at 0x77412552 in ProjetXIRA.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: wil::ResultException at memory location 0x013FDAD0.
The following GlobalManagers were stripped from the build (Either because they're not used or not supported on this platform):
ClusterInputManager
CrashReportManager
PerformanceReportingManager
If your machine has multiple graphics adapters, Unity may have created a WindowContext on the wrong adapter. If you experience a black screen when playing, please restart the Editor.
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/VR/VRDevice.cpp Line: 286)
[0.055266 / 68.582407] - OnCoreWindowSizeChanged event (0.00, 0.00, 845.33, 480.00), m_Initialized=True.
Created eye textures with a "separate" layout. The "multi-pass" stereo mode will be used.
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/VR/VRDevice.cpp Line: 2158)
Windows Mixed Reality spatial locatability state changed to Active.
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/VR/HoloLens/HoloLensWorldManager.cpp Line: 387)
Using PingWindowsStore
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, String, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
NetworkingPeer:SetupProtocol(ServerConnection)
NetworkingPeer:ConnectToNameServer()
PhotonNetwork:ConnectToBestCloudServer(String)
PhotonNetwork:ConnectUsingSettings(String)
NetworkManager:ConnectName(String)
NetworkManager:Awake()

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug.bindings.h Line: 43)

ERROR SensorOpenByType:Failed to open sensor error:0x00000490
'ProjetXIRA.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rometadata.dll'. Symbols loaded.
Failed to get spatial stage statics - can't retrieve or interact with boundaries! Error code: '0x80040154'.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/VR/HoloLens/StageRoot.cpp Line: 20)

The thread 0x1240 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Exception thrown at 0x77412552 in ProjetXIRA.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Il2CppExceptionWrapper at memory location 0x022FCBE8.
MissingMethodException: Default constructor not found for type ExitGames.Client.Photon.PingWindowsStore
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutineManaged2(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
d__25:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
PhotonHandler:PingAvailableRegionsAndConnectToBest()
NetworkingPeer:OnOperationResponse(OperationResponse)
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PeerBase:DeserializeMessageAndCallback(Byte[])
ExitGames.Client.Photon.EnetPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
ExitGames.Client.Photon.PhotonPeer:DispatchIncomingCommands()
PhotonHandler:Update()

(Filename: currently not available on il2cpp Line: -1)

Exception thrown at 0x77412552 in ProjetXIRA.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Il2CppExceptionWrapper at memory location 0x022FCBE8.
MissingMethodException: Default constructor not found for type ExitGames.Client.Photon.PingWindowsStore

'ProjetXIRA.exe' (Win32): Unloaded 'C:\Windows\System32\Windows.ApplicationModel.dll'
The thread 0x7f4 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Windows Mixed Reality spatial locatability state changed to Inhibited.

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/VR/HoloLens/HoloLensWorldManager.cpp Line: 387)
The thread 0x10ac has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Windows Mixed Reality spatial locatability state changed to Active.
Windows Mixed Reality spatial locatability state changed to Inhibited.
The thread 0x1214 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
`

Sincerely yours

Answers

• Options

Hi Jean, does your machine meet the prerequisite requirements listed by Microsoft?(64-bit Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education (Note: the Home edition does not support Hyper-V or the HoloLens emulator) (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/install-the-tools).

If not, that may cause issues. If that is not the issue, have you tried deploying the Tutorial projects by themselves to your device? Just trying to narrow down the issue, as to whether this is specific to your Unity/VS solution or any solution to your device.

• Options

Hi mart, thank you for you quick answer. I'm using Windows 10 Education. I tried to install the example in the Mixed Reality Toolkit and I get the same error.

• Options

Hi mart, I just tried to deploy it on Hololens Emulator and it also not working there. I get this error

The following GlobalManagers were stripped from the build (Either because they're not used or not supported on this platform):
    NetworkManager
    MasterServerInterface
    ClusterInputManager
    UnityAnalyticsManager
    CrashReportManager
    PerformanceReportingManager
    If your machine has multiple graphics adapters, Unity may have created a WindowContext on the wrong adapter. If you experience a black screen when playing, please restart the Editor.

• Options

Hi, this error went away when I unchecked the WSA Holographic Remoting under XR Settings