Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Are there any MR Companion Kit demos that AREN'T missing crucial files?

Hi, I've been trying to get these HoloLens Mixed Reality Companion Kit demos working, but it seems like I'm blocked from doing any real development. Readmes ask for a *.unityfile or whatever, and it's just not in the archive. I can't proceed. These walkthroughs don't tell me to access any other URL to find the files I need. I imagine these files are SUPPOSED to be a part of these archives, maybe prominently positioned where a Unity developer might expect to find them. How are they just vanishing? Is this a normal thing when developing with holograms? Files disappear when you get too close?

Best Answer

Answers

• MattisonMattison
    edited May 2018

I dunno, I mean... I see people do great and interesting things with HoloLens, but it feels like there's no support for these devices in the community. Github issues are closed without a second thought. Files are old or outdated. None of today's questions in this forum have been answered. What should I expect here? Should I ask my questions on the Unity forums or IRC instead? Is that where most of the HoloLens support is? It's why Unity is ditching UnityScript for C# I'm sure. Where is everybody? Where did everybody go?

• MattisonMattison
    Answer ✓

Mixed Reality is an illusion.

• Hi @Mattison - Can you point me to any specific examples. I can try and run this down, but I need to have some concrete things to point to

• Hi Jesse, thanks. I was running through the LowLatencyMRC ReadMe and in one of the first few steps, it points to a file "MixedRemoteViewCompositor/Build/Unity/MixedRemoteViewCompositor.unitypackage" which doesn't seem to exist anywhere in the heirarchy. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place? I didn't have much luck with the other files either. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide with this.

• @Jesse_McCulloch said:
    Hi @Mattison - Can you point me to any specific examples. I can try and run this down, but I need to have some concrete things to point to

@Mattison said:
    Hi Jesse, thanks. I was running through the LowLatencyMRC ReadMe and in one of the first few steps, it points to a file "MixedRemoteViewCompositor/Build/Unity/MixedRemoteViewCompositor.unitypackage" which doesn't seem to exist anywhere in the heirarchy. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place? I didn't have much luck with the other files either. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide with this.

Hi @Jesse_McCulloch - were you able to look into this?