Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Samsung HMD Odyssey Firmware update stuck at 10%

As title says the fiormware upgrrade gets stuck at 10%.

Things I already tried to troubleshoot:

Used different USB 3.0 ports.
Used another HDMI port.
Reinstalled Samsung Odyssey setup app.
Uninstalled mixed reality portal, ratsrtet computer started setup process from the start.
Reinstalled HoloLens driver.
Combinations of above.

Nothing helped so far it is always the same outcome:

I click on update, the bar goes to 3% to 5% then 10%. At this point the indicator LED inside the Headset starts flashing alternately red and green for about 30 seconds and goes back to flashing just green. In case I went just through the Odyssey setup app at this point the mixed reality portal starts up, otherwise things will just sit there at 10% indefinetely. I also noticed that the windows cursor will go to the loading animation for a fraction of a second upon reaching 10% as if it tries to load some other process but fails.

Luckily it doesn't brick the headset. I can just close the setup app and use the Headset no problem.

But in order to try the firmware upgrade again I have to restart the computer otherwise Odyssey setup will not be able to read out the current firmware version.

Does anyone have any idea? Or is there by chance a Samsung or MS Tech roaming this forum that could provide me with a verbose command line tool to do the upgrade so I can at least get a meaningfull error out of this??

Best Answer

• ChrithuChrithu
    Answer ✓

I just got it working.

I disabled my Windows Defender realtime protection as well as any software in the taskbar that belonged to other connected USB devices and ran it again.

This time upon reaching 10% it asked me whether to commence the update or not.

I am pretty sure switching the Anti Virus off did the trick.

Answers

• Same problem here too.

• ChrithuChrithu
    Answer ✓

I just got it working.

I disabled my Windows Defender realtime protection as well as any software in the taskbar that belonged to other connected USB devices and ran it again.

This time upon reaching 10% it asked me whether to commence the update or not.

I am pretty sure switching the Anti Virus off did the trick.

• Same Problem here - but the solution does not work.... Avira - off / Defender off / already tried various things to get this to work. The only thing im missing right now is a bluetooth dongle since i dont care about the controllers at the moment but ill get one just to have it ... The Odyssey software installed without notice and i just found it by accident. The windows MR setup also tells that i need a update but it`s not downloading anything and routs me to the Update Center that ofcause tells me that everything is updated - very informative....

• Right click the setup app in the Windows start menu and select "More>App Settings" Click terminate and also enable Background Apps. That is what I did and it finally worked. Not sure which thing did it or maybe it was both. Good luck!

• The solution is the mixture of all the above.
    Disable the Firewall, turn off the antivirus and enable the application in the background.
    With that install correctly.
    don't forget to activate everything again.