Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Options

SpectatorView occurred a compile error

I have a camera "Canon EOS 700D", and a HDMI capture box "AVerMediaGC550".
I want to overlay the video stream form the camera with my Holograms.

Firstly, I have installed the driver of HDMI capture box, and install the driver and application.
Therefore, I guess the video stream from camera should be successfully captured by my PC.

And then, I tried to use the Calibration.sln, and the Compositor.sln.
As the document on the Microsoft's official website said,
I need to correct the file of dependencies.props for assigning the path of three folder, inclusive of OpenCV, DeckLink_inc, and Elgota_Filter.

Actually, relied on my restricted knowledge, the DeckLink should not what I need,
because I adopted the other capture card "AVerMediaGC550".

Anyway, when I delete the code of
C:\BlackMagic\Blackmagic DeckLink SDK 10.9.11\Win\include

and

C:\gamecapture-master\VideoCaptureFilter

In the meanwhile, I still preserved the code of C:\opencv\build\x64\vc14

I also correct the path of the OpenCV

Finally, a compile error shown

Based the the framework of GitHub project for spectator view, I need some help to guide me.

1. Was the SDK or API of my capture card necessary to build up Calibration.sln and Compositor.sln?
  2. I cannot really understand what the Elgato_Filter was used for, and what it is. And was it also necessary to build a SpactatorView.

I am a very beginner in the field of mixed reality. The spectatorView setup was also very important part for sharing with other people. Thanks for your reading.

Tagged:

Answers

• Options

I seem to find the reason.

There are some codes that have to edit for my specific hardware situation.

1. Compositor\SharedHeaders\compositorConstant.h

#define USE_OPENCV TRUE

make the value for the #define USE_OPENCV to be TRUE and others to be FALSE
      the information was found in the Tested Capture Cards section in the website [Link]

2. about the openCV
      (1)I had better to download and install OpenCV 3.4.1
      (2)if not, I need to update the #pragma comment(lib, "%LIB_NAME") in OpenCVFrameProvider.h and CalibrationApp.h to reference the updated lib number.
      (3)Do not use OpenCV 2.x.

the information can be found in the **software **section in the website [Link]

3. the **Dependencies.props **has change the path.

4. the file of stdafx.h also concerned.

The HOLOLENS_USER and HOLOLENS_PW was exactly the same as my HoloLens username and password.

5. There is one other thing bother me.
      As the website said, specifically in the Code Changes section, it said that

In OpenCVFrameProvider.h, change CAMERA_ID to be the index of the capture device you are using.

But, how do I access the index of the capture device?
    Was the Camera_ID needed, or the capture box ID needed?

Anyway, the compile process just go though to show a whole blank screen.

Is there anyone ever resolve the problem, and give me a help?
    thanks!

• Options

After struggling these days, I further found some information.

1. the CAMERA_ID problem seem to be solved through a trick.
      The default value of the CAMERA_ID 0 was set for the webcam embedded in my Notebook. After I unplug the webcam, then the default camera should turn to be the camera of the Canon EOS 700D.

(ps. I can successfully build up a Calibration.exe)

2. About the software requirement.
      As the website said [link], the VS2017 has to install three components further, inclusive of
      (1)Universal Windows Platform development
      (2)Desktop development with C++
      (3)Game development with C++

3. In addition, the following component was required.
      Windows Media Feature Pack
      Only required for Windows N or KN editions.

The most important thing is that I was stuck with the installation step.

Because the windows version was 1803 (OS build 17134.165)

I downloaded the last one which is called Media Feature Pack for Windows N (April 2018)

And then, I double-click the downloaded file "Windows_MediaFeaturePack_x64_1803". But, it showed a message box.
    And told me that "The update was not appropriate for my computer".

Now, I am not sure....
    1. Whether any installation steps was operated in a wrong way?
    or
    2. Maybe what I can do is to wait for the further updates?

Any suggestions?

(ps. sorry about some Chinese words appeared on the message box. )