Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

HoloLens developers: What version of Unity are you using for your project?

To better support the development community, using the Mixed Reality Toolkit, we would love to know what version of Unity you are using to build HoloLens applications.

Thanks!

HoloLens developers: What version of Unity are you using for your project? 67 votes

2%
huska72Ibrahim 2 votes
8%
fc000robbbfrank420dbarrettJmk002Cam 6 votes
11%
bradenJellyRollMichel_kpstuevenJeffreyJacobsonSohailYesssssssssAJM10 8 votes
19%
stepan_stulovAnkit09_SanganiKrutarthkgilJD_Holo_DevawonninkJannikLassahnAvionicHologramtk_sidefxstudiossam_harperIandixonjohnHololensDevaydinuluc 13 votes
20%
timgDavidKlineMSKurtisDocStrangegomesAmerAmerGwendal_BroudinXPavJEisenhuthtorynfarrRalphFranzEmissiveJinThakur 14 votes
35%
Jesse_McCullochlarsonmattrSteven_BWEDimagineerDineshPunnicpueyoBuckjpeguetWilliamBernesonicvizsi_butorovicTheKidWizZepoXandros221The_XR_GuydontHurtMeNowYanivx4xCCoronaDusty2maximechal 24 votes

Comments

We actually even switched to 2018.2b10 recently which supports all the shiny new features like Holographic Remoting in UWP Apps :)

• @The_XR_Guy said:
    We actually even switched to 2018.2b10 recently which supports all the shiny new features like Holographic Remoting in UWP Apps :)

Where do you get the Mixed Reality Toolkit from? Latest supported Unity version on GitHub seems to be 2017.4.0, am I doing something wrong or should I just go on and convert the project with the latest Unity build?

@Wolfo said:
    Where do you get the Mixed Reality Toolkit from? Latest supported Unity version on GitHub seems to be 2017.4.0, am I doing something wrong or should I just go on and convert the project with the latest Unity build?

Recent versions of the Toolkit should upgrade correctly when you open them in more recent versions of Unity. Please file an issue on the GitHub repo if you experience otherwise!

• Sometimes I feel like the only dev that isn't using unity :p

@VertoStudio3D said:
    Sometimes I feel like the only dev that isn't using unity :p

What are the other choices than Unity to dev for Hololens ???

• stepan_stulovstepan_stulov ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I think we cannot re-vote in this poll, so it doesn't really show current state of things.

Building the future of holographic navigation. We're hiring.

• Is this forum still alive?
    Its seem like no one is here :/ and we left to wonder where all the Hololens developers are hanging out.
    Appreciate if someone can point us in the right direction:).

Thanks, Ariel

Hi @Arielfel,

Effectively this forum is not very active but it sometimes have valuable information (especially for OS updates), personally I use:

• Unity's MR forum for dev and Unity related issues/discussions ,
    • MRTK's github page for MRTK question ONLY, they unfortunately have way to much questions outside their scope, you may find non-related MTRK questions/discussions there but please do not add some more ;)
    • And finally what you are probably looking for, there is a slack dedicated for the hololens community , the acceptation should be automatic, it is the most active one but not the ideal format for problem solving =/

@DavidKlineMS said:
    To better support the development community, using the Mixed Reality Toolkit, we would love to know what version of Unity you are using to build HoloLens applications.

Thanks!

@DavidKlineMS said:

Thanks!

You have to stay with LTS VERSION As explained by unity and Microsoft