The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.
There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.
The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.
For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.
If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.
And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.
Announcing HoloLens Preview 17737
Hi HoloLens Insiders,
Today we are releasing a new RS5 Insider build for HoloLens, 17737, along with localized versions for Chinese and Japanese. This build primarily includes bug fixes and stability improvements to the features released previously. A full list of new RS5 features and instructions for getting started with flighting can be found here .
Fixed in this build
- We fixed an issue where the cursor will jump between gaze and mouse when using a Bluetooth mouse.
- We fixed an issue with some notification toasts appearing as a gray box.
- We fixed an issue where Cortana may stop listening if you wait for her to respond after saying, “Hey Cortana.”
- We fixed several other issues with voice commands and dictation, including an issue that prevented Cortana from working after update.
- We fixed an issue that prevented holograms from re-appearing after sign-out and sign-in.
- We added OCR support for Chinese and Japanese characters in the localized builds. For more information on using these builds, see the link above.
- We fixed a crash in the camera when taking a photo while the thumbnail previous of the last capture is visible.
- We’re still investigating a bug causing the share dialog to not load all available apps to share to for a while after initial boot.
- After updating from a previous build, customers may not be able to receive incoming calls in Remote Assist.
Please use the Feedback Hub to log any other bugs that you encounter while trying out this build as well as reaching out on the forums about questions.