Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Projects and constructions BIM - Hololens

Hello everyone, I'm new to the group.
Sorry for my English.
I work in an Architecture and Engineering office, where we design in BIM, I would like to help you to know if VisualLive and BimHoloview have other developers for this area?

Thank you for your help!

Best Answers

Answers

• Dear Mr. Peter,

Thank you for your time and consideration. I have a few more questions about Bim Holoview, and I was wondering if you could help me again.

Q1. We want to showcase an Air Conditioning Project, Electric Project and maybe a new Layout option for an existing store, so our goal is to use the HoloLens and be able to turn the disciplines on and off as the client looks throughout the site. To accurate do this, using Revit 2017:
    a. Is it better to model each discipline in individual model files, and then link it all together;
    b. Or should I model all disciplines in the same model, in their own categories, and Bim Holoview can understand these disciplines the same way that Revit does? If so, is there a button that can easily turn these on and off?

Q2. I’ve seen that the export from Revit to Bim Holoview is in FBX format. Doesn’t it means that the model will appear with no materials in the HoloLens? Since material visualization matters in our case, how can we fix this?

Q3.I’ve seen in some case study videos that the program works on laptops to visualize what the user is seeing on the HoloLens. How does it works? Is it though Wi-fi, Bluetooth, or we have to download an specific plugging for the laptop? Also, does it works on mobile phones or tablets?

Q4. We are looking to get the Individual package. With that, can I showcase my model in only one HoloLens glasses or is it possible to showcase in multiple glasses?

Well, I guess that’s all my queries for now. I hope I’m not being too much of an inconvenience for you.

Best Regards,
    Rogério.

• Peter,

Thank you very much!!

• Peter,

Thank you again for your attention. We created a trial account to test these queries, and it was great to see how the software works.

On that, we could see that on the colouring function it’s possible not only to change colours of categories, but also to hide it. And that’s exactly what we needed. Furthermore, we discovered that it’s possible to apply these settings to individual components (families) within the model. That’s going to work perfectly for us, since we can have, for instance, two lamp options on the model, hide one and show the other, and then switch it back.

The thing is, we can only load 3 models with a trial account, and now we want to test the hiding function for families. Since we didn’t know that the software could read and recognize the families we created, we loaded models to test different disciplines, and not one model with all together to test families.

So, we tried deleting one file from the site to replace it with a coordination one (with all disciplines together) but we couldn’t. Once the limit of uploads is reached, we can’t go back. And we really needed to do at least one more trial. Can we do it?

Lastly, do you have a corporate email address that I could reach? Just to facilitate our communication.

Once again, thank you for all your time and consideration.
    Best Regards,
    Rogério.