Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Impossible to join Insider Builds

I've got Windows 10 Pro, Version 1703, Build 15063.502, and a shiny new Acer headset.

When I try to join the Windows Insider Program, I first get

Something went wrong
We aren't able to talk to our service right now. Please try again later.

The second time I get

Sorry! Something went wrong...
Error code: 0x80004005

I spent a ton of time debugging this, including everything on this page:

http://www.ryadel.com/en/fix-windows-update-error-0x80004005-windows-10/

Even in build 15063.502 I'm able to get some Mixed Reality stuff to run. Is the fast ring absolutely required for the dev tools?

Answers

• I was also looking for solution of how to fix error code 0x80004005 in windows 10. Yesterday i met a blog it is really nice. I recommend you to visit that blog once. I am sure this error code will be fixed permanently.

• Does any know the computer shortcut keys to minimize the all opened applications? It is very annoying and time consuming to minimize apps one by one.

• Jimbohalo10Jimbohalo10 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

@katappapande said:
    Does any know the computer shortcut keys to minimize the all opened applications? It is very annoying and time consuming to minimize apps one by one.

Mouse over the task bar, right click, select Show Desktop all applications and windows are minimized. After this you can join Windows Insider.

To join Windows Insider got to settings ->Update & security -> Windows Insider Programme.
    Join ask select current current updates in the Slow lane

Click "For developers" allow unsigned applications to be side loaded,

Allow applications NOT downloaded from the Windows Store to be loaded.
    This is needed to load the Galaxy Explorer app after you have built it in Visual Studio from the source code on GitHub. Then you can run this in the immersive headset instead of the HoloLens version available in Windows Store.
    Currently 6th September 2018 the standard build is version 1803 and the build is 17134.
    Slow lane insider builds are build 17734 and next version fast build is 18006

Which mean nothing if your are not registered as a Windows Insider!!!!, which many corporate PC's are not! :D:s

• @Jimbohalo10 said:

@katappapande said:
    Does any know the computer shortcut keys to minimize the all opened applications? It is very annoying and time consuming to minimize apps one by one.

Mouse over the task bar, right click, select Show Desktop all applications and windows are minimized. After this you can join Windows Insider.

To join Windows Insider got to settings ->Update & security -> Windows Insider Programme.

This is needed to load the Galaxy Explorer app after you have built it in Visual Studio from the source code on GitHub. Then you can run this in the immersive headset instead of the HoloLens version available in Windows Store.
    Currently 6th September 2018 the standard build is version 1803 and the build is 17134.

Which mean nothing if your are not registered as a Windows Insider!!!!, which many corporate PC's are not! :D:s

Thanks for reply mate but i asked shortcut keys for minimize apps. Using mouse is not shortcut keys.

• @katappapande said:

@Jimbohalo10 said:

@katappapande said:

Thanks for reply mate but i asked shortcut keys for minimize apps. Using mouse is not shortcut keys.

There are so many country keyboard layouts to support that this will never be supported. This and it goes back to the dawn of Windows NT 3 when many mouse commands were not supported. In those days we wrote custom vc++ "hotkey" code, but alas that has gone today due to security issues