Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Display computer screen in my hololens

gomesgomes
edited January 2018 in Questions And Answers

Hello. Maybe what I'm going to ask is quite strange, but I need to do it for my project and I don't know where to start. I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how to do it.

I need to stream my computer screen and display it in a window in the hololens.
I work with Unity.

Thank you in advance

Tagged:

Answers

• That is the main purpose I had when I bought the HoloLens. I use remote desktop which does the job for office work but forget anything that requires fps like games. Been searching everywhere for an app like splashtop or trinus VR but never found anything . anyone ??

• The best work around I have figured out is to use an Xbox One game system to stream from. You can hook up an hdmi input for passthrough of another system (pc, Ps4, Blu Ray players, etc.). I ended up buying two xbox systems for my two homes and am thinking of buying one for my office just so I can have the ability to access another system.

I have also contacted Splashtop to suggest that they make a hololens compatible app. The hololens 2 will be out soon (hopefully). And from what I have experienced AR will not be going away anytime soon. Maybe Splashtop will jump on this opportunity. If you need additional info on my setup to stream any device with low latency reply to this message.

• @gomes said:
    Hello. Maybe what I'm going to ask is quite strange, but I need to do it for my project and I don't know where to start. I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me how to do it.

I need to stream my computer screen and display it in a window in the hololens.
    I work with Unity.

Thank you in advance

The best work around I have figured out is to use an Xbox One game system to stream from. You can hook up an hdmi input for passthrough of another system (pc, Ps4, Blu Ray players, etc.). I ended up buying two xbox systems for my two homes and am thinking of buying one for my office just so I can have the ability to access another system.

I have also contacted Splashtop to suggest that they make a hololens compatible app. The hololens 2 will be out soon (hopefully). And from what I have experienced AR will not be going away anytime soon. Maybe Splashtop will jump on this opportunity. If you need additional info on my setup to stream any device with low latency reply to this message.

• Why don't you use Remote Desktop? Or do you need the computer screen to remain interactive?