Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

External USB camera into HoloLens?

I'd like to stream video from an external USB camera into the HoloLens, is this possible? (It's an Android-compatible external camera FWIW)

Answers

• Not directly over USB. The usb port on the HoloLens is for charging and tethering and does not currently support external devices.

You can pair with Bluetooth devices.

Alternatively you can connect over wireless to another machine or device that a usb peripheral is plugged into and stream back and forth to the HoloLens over Wifi.

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• @HoloSheep said:
    Alternatively you can connect over wireless to another machine or device that a usb peripheral is plugged into and stream back and forth to the HoloLens over Wifi.

I think this is probably the best path to investigate for streaming.

• @Joan said:

@HoloSheep said:

Are there any off-the-shelf apps (or Unity plugins) that would accomplish this? I can write my own, I'd rather not.

• ContextVRContextVR ✭✭✭

Has anyone experimented with using an OTG cable with HoloLens?

• How about streaming on-board camera images from one device to another HoloLens device using wifi? Can this be done using the current apps?

• @DaveA said:

@Joan said:

@HoloSheep said:

Are there any off-the-shelf apps (or Unity plugins) that would accomplish this? I can write my own, I'd rather not.

Did you find any Unity plugins for the same ?

• is there any possibility to stream FLIR camera in HoloLens? Via unity for example?

• @Vitto_KAIST said:
    is there any possibility to stream FLIR camera in HoloLens? Via unity for example?

Try the Spectator software for HoloLens
    You will have to find the right setups for the particular FLIR camera you are using and put them into the setup file