Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -2145615869 (and a workaround?)

I am getting this error quite often when attempting to deploy to the Hololens device.

DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -2145615869

or

DEP6957 : Failed to connect to device 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' using
Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote
authentication mode is specified in the project debug settings.
0x8007274C: The network event being waited on triggered an error.

However, if I close and then reopen VS, the problem seems to be resolved. Has anyone else encountered this?

Unity 5.40b10-HTP
VS Community 2015 14.0.25.1230 Update 2

Best Answers

Answers

• edited May 2016

I have the same problem after a fresh install with DEP6957, it will not deploy to the hololens, I set the debug box to Uninstall and re-install. It was working fine prior to upgrading windows...

When targeting device:
    "Failed to connect to '127.0.0.1' using Universal Authentication"
    When targeting remote device:
    "Failed to connect to '10.0.0.118' using Universal Authentication"

The other part of the error message is

0x8007274D: The network event being waited on triggered an error.

I even reset my hololens to factory settings and started over. There are no apps installed on it and I still can't deploy to it. My computer is paired to the hololens, developer mode enabled on computer and hololens.

• @LeefromSeattle,

What version of Windows 10 are you running? Is it one of the Insider builds?

Thanks!
    David

• @LeefromSeattle said:
    I have the same problem after a fresh install with DEP6957, it will not deploy to the hololens, I set the debug box to Uninstall and re-install. It was working fine prior to upgrading windows...

When targeting device:
    "Failed to connect to '127.0.0.1' using Universal Authentication"
    When targeting remote device:
    "Failed to connect to '10.0.0.118' using Universal Authentication"

The other part of the error message is

0x8007274D: The network event being waited on triggered an error.

I even reset my hololens to factory settings and started over. There are no apps installed on it and I still can't deploy to it. My computer is paired to the hololens, developer mode enabled on computer and hololens.

I am also facing the same issue, I have Visual studio 2015 with update 2. I tried everything but always betting "Failed to connect to '127.0.0.1' using Universal Authentication". Please help me.

• @waqar Out of curiosity, did you try closing VS and rebuilding in Unity, and then opening VS and try deploying?

• waqarwaqar
    edited June 2016

I tried many times, even just now I rebuilt my project in unity and open it in vs but still same error. Even I uninstalled VS, Unity, Hololens emulator and all related installations and even I deleted visual studio files from C:\Users\myuser\AppData and reinstalled everything again.
    But still same problem. Please help me, I am struggling from last one week.

One more thing, please can anyone tell me about root cause of this issue? is it from unity or visual studio or windows 10 framework or from emulator?

• waqarwaqar
    edited June 2016

I found easy solution for it,

open regedit and go to

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SirepClient

change value of DisableProtocol3 value to "0".

your VS will start asking for PIN again.

• Hi all.
    Same problem, as all above.

Dont see SirepClient in regedit? Also how did you determine this may be causing problem?

Thank you

• I have the same issue. I am unable to deploy anything to my HoloLens!

@MichaelPeters said:
    I am getting this error quite often when attempting to deploy to the Hololens device.

DEP0001 : Unexpected Error: -2145615869

or

DEP6957 : Failed to connect to device 'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' using
    Universal Authentication. Please verify the correct remote
    authentication mode is specified in the project debug settings.
    0x8007274C: The network event being waited on triggered an error.

However, if I close and then reopen VS, the problem seems to be resolved. Has anyone else encountered this?

Unity 5.40b10-HTP
    VS Community 2015 14.0.25.1230 Update 2

• i know this is a old post, but still I encountered this error recently and this solution worked like a charm - https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36384375/dep0001-unexpected-error-1988945906-while-deploying-windows-uwp-app-to-phone