Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Hololens Deploy Error DEP6100

Each time I try to deploy the Origami tutorial build, I receive this error in the output. I've already tried to disable and re-enable the Hyper-V feature, but it doesn't work. I've also reinstalled all Visual Studio components, and still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Here's the error log:
DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device 'A2152254-0A5F-7C78-A684-1D8072A02DF5'.':
MissingMethodException - Method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.Tools.Connectivity.RemoteDevice.Ping()'.

• What happens today could be tomorrow's future.

Best Answer

Answers

• Are you running Win10 Pro? The emulator will not work on Home edition of the OS. If you have Pro, then you might want to uninstall the 'Microsoft HoloLens Emulator' from your PC and then re-install the latest edition from the tools page.

• Danny_VoDanny_Vo
    edited June 2016

@ahillier said:
    Are you running Win10 Pro? The emulator will not work on Home edition of the OS. If you have Pro, then you might want to uninstall the 'Microsoft HoloLens Emulator' from your PC and then re-install the latest edition from the tools page.

I just reinstalled the emulator, but the output still shows the same error. I am running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview if that helps.

• @Danny_Vo there are a few threads on the DEP6100 error and some of them have successful resolutions.

This one sounds like one of the more promising ones to try/check:

Windows Holographic User Group Redmond

WinHUGR.org - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - @WinHUGR
    WinHUGR YouTube Channel -- live streamed meetings

• Danny_VoDanny_Vo
    edited June 2016

I just checked the installation and I have all the right tools I believe. The SDK, the Tools, and the common VS tools. I reinstalled the SDK, and the error still appears.

Also, I did look up other methods, but none of them fixed my problem.

• @Danny_Vo your screen shot indicates you are using Tools 1.3.2 where as the person who solved the problem was using Tools 1.3.1 and 1.3.1 also happens to be the version my installation is currently using even though it does list 1.3.2 as an option. Not sure if that matters or not, but it is a difference.

I notice from a general web search that there are very similar reports of the error for scenarios of deploying to both:

• a Raspberry Pi
      and an

• Xbox One

in the project settings for the Origami (Universal Windows) project what do your target and min version settings on the Application tab currently read?

• Here's the screenshot of the project settings. I cannot change the target version or the Min version to any other option though.

• HoloSheepHoloSheep mod
    edited June 2016

For me, the two drop downs both dropdown and offer both version numbers:

There is a link about the SDK Version Picker on the Visual Studio Blog which makes me wonder if you have Visual Studio Update 2 installed?

Either way, this sounds like it might be evidence of your problem. I am pretty sure you need to target Build 10586 for HoloLens.

If you do have Visual Studio Update 2 installed

then my guess is that something might have been installed in the wrong order? Or maybe something was open during the install or maybe you missed a required reboot?

This may be one of those cases where you need to uninstall the tools, reboot, and reinstall all of them in the order described on the Install Tools page of the docs.

It sounds like you may have tried that once, but not seeing the option to target Build 10586 might indicate that something was missed or done incorrectly during that attempt.

Oh, and I guess an important thing to double check is that your version of Windows 10 is updated to OS Build 10586

• As I'm looking over the files with the VS installer, I went to another computer (Windows 10 Home) with the emulator correctly running and deploying. I looked up the target and minimum choices, and found out that the picture you provided does match the setup on the other computer.

Also, the Windows SDK needed an update (It was version 10.0.26624 before). However, are there supposed to be two installations of the SDK?

Here's a snapshot of the programs:

• @Danny_Vo I show three on my dev machine:

However, your statement:

" I went to another computer (Windows 10 Home) with the emulator correctly running and deploying."

caught my attention.... are you sure you have the emulator running correctly on a machine with Windows 10 Home edition? I was not able to get that to work and since the documentation clearly states that doesn't work:

"•64-bit Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education (The Home edition does not support Hyper-V. Installing the HoloLens Emulator will fail on the Home edition)"

I didn't pursue that any further.

But if you got that to work I would be curious to hear how you did that.