Hello everyone.

The Mixed Reality Forums here are no longer being used or maintained.

There are a few other places we would like to direct you to for support, both from Microsoft and from the community.

The first way we want to connect with you is our mixed reality developer program, which you can sign up for at https://aka.ms/IWantMR.

For technical questions, please use Stack Overflow, and tag your questions using either hololens or windows-mixed-reality.

If you want to join in discussions, please do so in the HoloDevelopers Slack, which you can join by going to https://aka.ms/holodevelopers, or in our Microsoft Tech Communities forums at https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/mixed-reality/ct-p/MicrosoftMixedReality.

And always feel free to hit us up on Twitter @MxdRealityDev.

Waves are shipping faster.

It’s been exciting to see your response to the Development Edition. As a result, we’ve made some changes and you’ll start to see waves come faster. Wave 3 is shipping now, and each wave is now projected to ship over the course of three to four weeks. If you haven’t yet applied, now is the time to join the HoloLens community.

Comments

• Jarrod1937Jarrod1937 ✭✭✭

Good to hear! The more gets out the more apps to come.

• AlexDAlexD ✭✭✭

Very excited to see more and more devices hit the developer communities.

• JeromeJerome ✭✭

Wave 3 has to be delivered before my vacations in august ;-)

• @Vanessa said:
    It’s been exciting to see your response to the Development Edition. As a result, we’ve made some changes and you’ll start to see waves come faster. Wave 3 is shipping now, and each wave is now projected to ship over the course of three to four weeks. If you haven’t yet applied, now is the time to join the HoloLens community.

Woo!!!!!!

I am a former lion tamer and an avid collector of butterflies.

• What happens after Wave 4? Will the original waves be able to purchase more devices?

• I was in Wave 3 and already have my device. Very happy!

• JeromeJerome ✭✭

after wave 4... wave 5 ;-) not sure if there is more than 5 waves for now. anybody can confirm this?

• How long does delivery take. How many days after ordering?

• ContextVRContextVR ✭✭✭

@Jerome Someone mentioned wave 6 was filling up at the Seattle Holographic Hackathon, which was exactly a month ago, so it looks like a new developer would be in wave 6 or wave 7 if they signed up today. It would be helpful to know the number of devices in each wave, and how waves change from one to the next.

• I was added to Wave 6 about a week ago. =) So it's probably getting close to Wave 7, if it hasn't already moved into that.

• They started wave 4 and that was about 20 days between wave 3 and wave 4 so with holiday (4th) guessing 15th-22nd start wave 5, where I reside.. LOL

• Did anyone shift from Wave 5 to Wave 6, or any other wave shifts to the right? I was not notified of change and was wondering if it is because of lot shipment sizes.

• Got my Wave 5 invite this morning, purchase made :)

• Got our Wave 5 yesterday and ordered. Any idea how many total they have shipped? Excited!!

• Got my invite yesterday and ordered. Got trackingood expected Friday wahoo
  • Ordered. But I wonder how many days do they ship it after I ordered..

• I think it's random. Mine was 1 day
  • Still no release date for EMEA?

• You should receive the product in less than 7 days from the day of ordering. I received it in 4 days.

• Man. The waves moving faster caught me well off guard. I hadn't finished saving up the $3000+tax when I got the "You have 10 days to buy the hololens" e-mail. It was a mad scramble, but now it's paid for and I'm excited.

The wait has begun and time has slowed to a crawl...

• My Wave 5 showed up today..

• @ramentamer said:
    Man. The waves moving faster caught me well off guard. I hadn't finished saving up the $3000+tax when I got the "You have 10 days to buy the hololens" e-mail. It was a mad scramble, but now it's paid for and I'm excited.

The wait has begun and time has slowed to a crawl...

ditto, the 10 days needs to be at least 15 :)

the tax is not trivial either $250

• Wave 5 got mine Thursday. Ready to roll.

• Applied for Hololens. I got an email that asked me to status check but the link the email does not work. Anyone else had this problem? Clues?

• Looks like Wave 6 started this morning!

• hello @Ajaydawar - you can go to https://www.holotechinfo.com/ to check your status. Thanks for the flag with regards to the link in the email - we will look into this today.
    Vanessa